Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: Sci-Fi craziness .......

Sci-Fi craziness ....... 5 years 4 months ago #1

• Queeg
  • Queeg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Think I'll make this a catch all thread for my sci-fi stuff. I don't do a huge amount and when I do the builds usually move at the speed of quicksand. Every now and then though I crank out a 40k commission build or complete another step on my own long suffering wips .......

Brent

First up it seems to be Forgeworld month at HouseQueeg. After having never built a FW tank before a couple of jobs land and I've got 4 to finish.

Here's a Leman Russ Kreig platoon. Simple straight-forward builds apart from the usual issues with resin kits, the straighteneing of warped parts, the angle grinding and then much filing of the parts to fit .....

Camo added. Tried to get the edge to look faded out .....

Green filter added.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Didn't touch it - NOT my fault ..........
houseofqueeg.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: by Queeg.

Sci-Fi craziness ....... 5 years 4 months ago #2

• Dave-MA
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 143
Coming along nicely there Brent. I love the FW stuff myself but man they can be an absolute pig to work with sometimes. I've got a Storm Eagle to do at some point which is so badly warped & cast that everytime I take it out to begin I look at it for 5-10 mins then put it back in the bag.

Sci-Fi craziness ....... 5 years 4 months ago #3

• Queeg
  • Queeg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10

Dave-MA wrote: Coming along nicely there Brent. I love the FW stuff myself but man they can be an absolute pig to work with sometimes. I've got a Storm Eagle to do at some point which is so badly warped & cast that everytime I take it out to begin I look at it for 5-10 mins then put it back in the bag.

Yeah sucks really. One of these hulls was warped in two directions, pretty hard to do with a short and thick casting I would have thought!!! My brother in law wants to get a Titan for me to make for him. I'd love to have a go at one but am dreading what the big pieces would fit like .........

Didn't touch it - NOT my fault ..........
houseofqueeg.wordpress.com/
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary