I spent a bit of time on the weekend doing the house.
Mostly Vallejo Deck Tan, Off White and German Grey washes. The roof I did with Hull Red over Hairspary and Gunbolt Metal. Burnt Umder oil wash and a few streaks of Panes Grey here and there. Will do a bit of rust work on the roof near the end of the build.
I did a bit of ground work with cellclay type compound, sand, saw dust, kitty litter (clean of course)
The tree I did out of a wire frame work and Milliput last night - so amy do a bit of painting later in the week
Hi all - managed to get into the cave last night so did a bit more.
Added a bit of rust to the house - roof, nail holes, brackets etc.
Started painting the tree - as it's winter (given the guy is wrapped up warm) I'm not going for nice bright colour but a bit dreary. Will put a few leaves here and there etc.
The Female I am painting is going to go in the door way. The window will get a bit of broken glass installed, once that's doen I will curve come black cardboard around the back so you can't ss through it.
Also started doing a bit of ground work with washes starting to build on the pavers etc.
Does anyone have any cunning ideas on Snow???. I don't want to cover the whole dio but a few small clumps of melting snow here and there will add to the "cold" climate of the setting.
Placing the boys on the dio every so often helps realsie what I am try to do and get an idea if "it still looks ok.....etc"
Re the snow, I remember seeing a dio someone did with a revell 1/72 he177 that had melting snow and it looked awesome and very realistic. It also had a small how to with it as well. I'll see if I can find it and put the link here for you.
Edit: The article I mentioned is
Simple application of baking soda and future looks really good.
Hi Steve, that is looking awsome. I used Woodlands snow on a Stug dio I did a while ago mixed with thined PVA, that seemed to work ok, ah I also added a really thined wash of white enamel. Looking forward to seeing it finished with a little snow. Great work
Finished off the base last night. Added a bi of snow here and there ( Baking soda, PVA and a bit of water.- sort of went for a light late autum snow dump as opposed to a full on one. Spread a bit of Humbrol Gloss for a wet look. Painted the base and added the card dehind the house so you cant see through it.
Just need to finish the figures and its all done bar the name plate.
Steve, that came out looking bloody good mate! The clumps of snow, the puddle of water, it all came together really well. Nice job...
Can't wait to see it with the figures and grober hund all on it too...