Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by Gary
USS Olympia was created by Gary
I've started a ship model of all things!! It's rather a nice kit and something completely different for me, you can follow the build progress here on our blog.
www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php/easyblog/...a-from-encore-models

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kiwimav
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No time to spare..too busy!!!
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by Kiwimav
Replied by Kiwimav on topic USS Olympia
OMG!!! G1, a BOAT!!!! WHAT has got into you sir?
Nice looking alright...will be watchin with interest boss

d2

Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic USS Olympia
Yeah I've actually bought a few of them recently, I like modelling because I like to make things with my hands, so I'll build literally anything.
So far I've bought USS Gambier Bay 1/350 Aircraft Carrier plus all the addons like extra planes, wooden deck, PE etc, USS Arizona with full addons again, a Japanese Light cruiser (name slips my memory) again with all the extras and the USS Olympia. If this is anything to go by I'll be making more in the near future, don't panic I'm also building other stuff while the paint dries on this ;)

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
6 years 4 months ago #4 by grunzter
Replied by grunzter on topic USS Olympia
Hi Gary, looking good, lots of detail there!
Yeh, it must be the season for boats, maybe all the rain over the last week or so...
I dug out an old 1997 Trumpeter kit (Dragon copy before Trumpeter became legit...), its a crappy copy, but a small change, so i will persevere ...

Grant
ps. no photo etch on this one. :P

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #5 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic USS Olympia
I've updated the build log.

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary