A quick update. I have finished the pipe work and mounted the air filter in the Pz iv. The fuel distribution unit now has the pipe work in place so that it can be mounted in the crew compartment as per the J. The generator for the command radio will sit just forward of it, but that will come later. I have to get the unit in place and the copper wires hooked up to the double engine fuel pumps before the engine can be fitted. Slowly slowly.
Pantherwise the engine is coming together happily and I’m up to fixing the rear wall of the hull in place. I’ve added all the rear detail now rather than when the hull is together as it was very easy to fix the details to the separate plate rather than balancing the hull while trying to do so. It’s so nice to see things like the IR stowage bin I made a year ago finally fitted.
Im sorry I’m not posting more often. The site keeps timing out each time I make a post. Anyway. Update. Pz.
The engine is in and I’m now working forward. The transmission is just sitting there being test fitted. Doing lots of this with these builds. The upper engine bay is also done so I’ll add the decals and weather it all.
Grrr, timed out but back again. Post worked though.
Engine almost done and starting to work forward here too. The oil lines are almost ready to attach to the reservoir and the radiator hose has been adjusted to fit. The pipes from the transmission to the air pipes have also been fashioned, but have lots of work ahead.