• Page:

TOPIC: (Long build 2) 'Easy 8'

(Long build 2) 'Easy 8' 2 months 5 days ago #1

• IAN
  • IAN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 423
Side-by-side with the 'Isherman' is the Tamiya M4A3E8 - my word what a fantastic kit !. I know the folks who have actually built them all comment positively on the quality of the engineering... truthfully folks, it has to be seen to be believed. I did manage to completely eliminate the joint at the rear of the turret bustle and added / enhanced the rough-cast effects on the gear box & turret using the glue & stipple method, which has come-out really nicely.

So it is at exactly the same stage as the Academy kit, but the difference between the two projects is the amount of 'extras' I'm going to add to this one.

Originally I planned on finishing it with a relatively light amount of stowage, and in an OD & black camouflage, however, I bought the kit from our very own Zac Yates and he threw-in a (huge) resin stowage set and some Mig paints (I've never used them before) and I recently found a great decal sheet for very late war overall OD 6 A.D. vehicles with large numbers, unit badges etc.

Also, when we moved house in February, I found a hoard of 1:35 figures from Nemrod, Dragon & Verlinden, so why not s-t-r-e-t-c-h myself a little and try to add them either into the vehicle or in a wee vignette. Hence it's now a much bigger and by extension, more time-consuming project. New paints (I also ordered the OD modulation set from Mig), acres of resin stowage and figures... Yep this could take a while.

Stay tuned and as ever feel free to hurl abuse, ask a question or make a comment.

AFN

Ian.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(Long build 2) 'Easy 8' 2 months 5 days ago #2

• Bishop
  • Thank you received: 1599
Looking good so far

Amateur plastic surgeon!

(Long build 2) 'Easy 8' 1 month 2 weeks ago #3

• IAN
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Like the Chaffee, the E8 is also wearing a single coat of Mig's Dark OD but this time over some pre-shading:

This will be my first serious attempt at modulation but before all of that silliness, I need to load-up this baby with a LOT of stowage as I want to build it in 'road march' configuration.

Ian.
Attachments:

(Long build 2) 'Easy 8' 1 month 2 weeks ago #4

• Bishop
Looks excellent too. That's three greatcoats as it were.

Amateur plastic surgeon!
Last Edit: by Bishop.

(Long build 2) 'Easy 8' 1 month 3 days ago #5

• IAN
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Paint & modulation all bi Ammo of Mig.

Looks awful just now, but after the 'Cromwell Experiment' I know it will all calm down a lot after a couple of brown filters... I hope

Ian.
Attachments:

(Long build 2) 'Easy 8' 1 month 3 days ago #6

• Bishop
Actually it looks very effective. I can see the idea of the modulation on this one.

Amateur plastic surgeon!
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary