This was an impromptu build that happened when I saw the kit on sale at MightyApe a couple of weeks ago. When it got here, rather than stick it in the stash I decided to build it straight away. The build went mostly without problems. Three things though: 1. there are 200 parts in the tracks alone and a lot of clean up on those. I finished the tracks over several sessions in the evening with wine or two. 2. Just how the tracks fit together and are joined around the running gear is not clear from the instructions. You need to leave one section unassembled, join it, and then glue the final pad in place once joined. 3. I tried Tamiya's spray can TS-80 lacquer flat coat. I went on nicely and dried nice and flat, but it also mostly obliterated the careful application of weathering powders I had applied. I could reapply these maybe, but I feel this build has run its course.
Andrew wrote: Tempted to get a can of the clear flat to try for myself.
Do it. Apart from the issues I had with the pigments, it's really convenient and leaves a really nice flat and hard finish. I've been finding it so easy to give an assembly a spray of this rather than bother with the airbrush.