Added some paint, pigments, glue etc and it's all done. I took the masking tape off and to my horror the tape had eaten in to the varnish of the base, so I had to rub it back and revarnish it. I used Humbrol clear and carefully applied it, 2 hours in the dehydrator and it came out with a nice glossy finish.
The plaque is an old scrap of thin MDF that I put through the laser etcher, I'm quite please with how it turned out, brass would of been nicer but it doesn't etch brass.
Very nice Gary. It sits well into the mud - like the tank rolled over the clay and spread it out under the weight.
The only thing I'd do would be a drop of black paint in the exhaust tips to make them look more hollow - but that really is nitpicking.
Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.
Dragon 1/35 Tiger II Finished
2 years 11 months ago #9
Thanks guys, I was going for an early Ardennes look, not heavy snow just a light downfall, frost and mud. It's only the 2nd time I've tried my hand at snow, I used real earth dried in the dehydrator, sieved and then mixed with white glue, some Dark Earth pigments and water. Over this I then used AK Earth effects to blend the different layers I'd built up and Mig Wet Effects for the areas that had heavy traffic.