Well, this is what has been keeping me busy for the last couple of months....
A little Jekyll and Hyde in places, but overall nothing too major. Kit supplied PE is very basic in the main and difficult to work with, so ET to the rescue with their AM sets - plus some resin wheels which are again an improvement over the supplied vinyl ones.
I'm going to town on this as much as possible, adding as much detail as I can. Here are some under construction shots....
And here's where she currently sits....
Make no mistake, this is a huge bugger - measuring some 700mm with the rear ramps deployed
Still some way to go - a few more details to add before the obvious paint. NATO 3 tone. I also have a MIG Productions wheeled loader to put on the back - thought the yellow would be a nice contrast to the camo.
It's been a real labour of love but am enjoying ever minute of it. Hope you like it too. Any questions - fire away
Thanks Grant. I use various sizes of solder to suit as well as 5, 10 and 15amp fuse wire. Sometimes I'll drill out the mating part - sometimes it's a simple face to face or I can drill a hole in both parts and use a small piece of brass wire etc to act as a locating pin.
With this kit, basic hoses are supplied for the trailer unit but nothing for the tractor unit which is very odd This is where reference pics were invaluable. Though, I must admit a little poetic licence (or should I say common sense ) for some pipework. It increased the workload 10 fold, but I think the extra effort will be well worth it on the finished model (I hope anyway )
I'm just about at the point now where I can't do any more to this without committing to paint. The cab interior will be first - then I can add the seatbelts and once it arrives, some stowage such as chilly bins, rucksacks, water bottles etc to give it that 'lived in' look so many military trucks have.
Agree that would look cool - but an IDF dozer would probably look out of place on the back of an M1000 in Iraq I did have to think long and hard about what to pout on the back - I think the wheeled loader will look very different to the norm and the bright yellow scheme should be fun to weather
New to the forum from across the ditch, what an excellent build, I am currently in the process of building this myself, with the load being the Vajra D9R. Can I ask how you did the connections for the ducting. I am currently drilling out the receiving coupler with only a limited amount of success but yours look really tidy.
Dont think my PE will end up as good as yours, that is some really extreme work.
None of the hoses are drilled out. I cut the hose to the required length and then used superglue to attach a short piece of hexaganal styrene rod to each end (1 - 2mm depending on what is required) to represent the collar. When the CA has fully cured, one end can be fitted in place using normal styrene cement. When that has set, you can manipulate the hose to attach the other end.