My current work in progress.
Had a go with the hairspray chipping technique, must say I rather like it and I'm keen to experiment with it more.
I've found weathering WW2 aircraft one of my weak spots, so hopefully I can get this looking somewhat decent and not over do it, which I'm finding tough.
First couple of pics I tried to give it a real weathered in coral dust look. Didn't like it to much so knocked it back.
Hair spray is off to a good start. A suggestion to think about, many times new or repainted panels were found on the weathered/sun bleached planes skins. Which would give you a nice colouration to the overall look (please feel free to ignore the above if you want too I'm actually saving this "secret process" for my next model )
Decals down, and second gloss coat done.
Ventura decals were nice, but didn't work to well with microset and microsol. Not matter how I applied they still wouldn't conform to the panel lines. Ended up cutting them in the end.