Wingnut Wings 1/32 Sopwith F.1 Camel 'Le Rhone' in progress

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • KitModellerNZ
  • KitModellerNZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #1 by KitModellerNZ
A couple of weeks ago I started working on this little gem.

I've been using it as a test bed for my soon to be released wood effect and linen effect decals. This is also my first attempt at replicating wood effects with oil paints.

Some charcoal EZ Line just arrived this morning from Weta Workshop, so I can start up the internal rigging. I've got some of the French blue stuff too.





Test prints of my new product line ready for use






Completed IP sub assembly


Giving the aluminium areas an oxidised look


Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by KitModellerNZ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • KitModellerNZ
  • KitModellerNZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #2 by KitModellerNZ
My first attempt at rigging. Meh.




There was a lot of cussing involved over the 1.5 hours that this took. For the next frame section I worked out a method that works for me and looks better.




I'm using fine EZ Line elastic for the rigging and 0.5mm OD 0.3mm ID brass tubing for the turnbuckles.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • shaunfletcher
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #3 by shaunfletcher
Nice detail work, especially those wires! more like a new hobby than a project i reckon heh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary