All of the extra items have now been painted and decalled. Tonight I will apply another coat of X-22 to seal everything in before I apply the panel line washes and weathering. I'm leaving the undercarriage doors as a single piece until after the clear coating so I can use them to mask the gear bays to protect them from the gloss.
Clearcoating completed a couple of nights ago. Ready to add the washes now. I've also completed additional chipping along the gun bay access and fuel fillers. I'm keeping it light on this one. The effect will be toned down under the subsequent washes and matt coat.
Just as I was finishing up the various clearcoats, my airbrush compressor had a melt down and started making a knocking noise. I pulled it apart and found the piston in the rear cylinder was loose. I gave everything a bit of a clean up and reassembled. It's back to normal now.
So, all of the washes and final clearcoats are done. I used Gloss, semi-gloss and matt varnishes to get the finish I wanted, especially in the area of the much debated 'was it blue or was it green' overcoat.
Yesterday I dirtied up the tyres and fashioned some brake lines using 0.3mm brass tube and 0.4mm braided line. Fiddly, but worth the effort. I just need to paint the fasteners that I made from Tamiya tape now.
Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.