Last night I airbrushed a matte coat over most of the cockpit parts. I've left the seat gloss until I add the fabric seatbelts. I'm going to add a small amount of dirt using pigments on the lower sections.
Over the weekend I closed up the fuselage, filled, sanded and polished the gaps. There will be some rescribing required as there is some soft detail (not due to sanding) on a few of the panel lines which I hadn't noticed up till now. I also primed, painted and applied a wash to the undercarriage bays;
I've been having a few issues with my AK washes. Pretty pissed off with them really. Over time they seem to have thickened and they just don't flow like they should on gloss surfaces. Will try thinning, otherwise they will be retired and I'll go back to the trusty W&N oil paints.
I'm going to apply another wash to the undercarriage bays to try and cover the shit result from the AK wash I applied last night. Then I'll be able to assemble the wings. The fit looks pretty good.
Excellent progress. The kit looks almost as well detailed as the Tamiya one (mine is still happy on the Shelf of Forgetfulness), but at roughly one-third the cost... I wonder, truly, how RoG are able to retail their kit at such a relatively low price.
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by IAN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KitModellerNZ