As part of my Shelf of Doom clearance for the year, after the S-199, I’m keen to move on with the squadron narrative in 1/48 scale. I started the Hasegawa P-51D after I was given it by a friend with no decals and no instructions, 5 or 6 years ago.
Initially I was going to build it out of the box, but ended up adding Uktracast seat and shrouded exhausts, G-Factor fear legs, Aires gunsight, and Barracudacast wheels.
This is how the model has been in the cabinet.
One thing that has always bugged me and perhaps one of the reasons the model ended up in the cabinet, was the control surfaces were moulded as part of the wing.
Spent the last few days and removed the elevators and repositioned them, and then the flaps. I’ve now finished scratch building new flaps, ready to attach. Just a matter of finishing the cockpit and this is ready for paint. Natural metal - want to experiment with replicating worn and scuffed metal finish.
(A little help from a friend tonight too)