Well I'm bloody spewing right now - it occurred to me this evening, whilst working on the remainder of the seatbelts, that I was short on these attachment parts
Then I realised that even though on the fret they appear to be a part that needs bending in the middle and doubling over, that infact they are not and should be cut in the middle to give you two separate parts!
Going to have to track down a new set so I can complete the belts on this build. Staring down another $40 or more for another set which just the thought of right now is pissing me off.
The only plus side is that setting this build aside until a new set of belts is obtained means that I can start on a new build, because there's not much more I can do in this build in the meantime.
Not sure yet mate... I'm thinking I might make a start on the Kitty Hawk UH-1D conversion to an RNZAF UH-1H, with the intention of it being a quick build... although I only intended the A-4 to be a quick build
Began painting up the undercarriage legs last night with a coat of XF-19 Sky Grey as it's a good match for RLM 77... was going to continue with the detail painting tonight, but my replacement seatbelt set has arrived, so I will go back to finishing those so I can work on closing the fuselage up.
Painting up the tailwheel. After an initial coat of Tamiya rubber black, I cut a mask for the whitewall and sprayed a light grey/off white colour. Then I misted on a coat of 90% thinner to 10% deck tan followed by mist coats of 90% thinner to 10% flat earth to dirty things up. Then a flat coat was applied followex by a wash. I applied the flat coat before the wash so the wash would bleed into the flat coat. I painted the hubs with semi-gloss black.