After a disastrous night on Tuesday which involved a couple of hours trying to apply an AK Interactive wash that had 'gone off' in the bottle. Last night I mixed up a brew of 2 parts W&N raw umber and 1 part lamp black oils and diluted with odourless turps and applied that. So much better than that shit which is now on it's way to the dump.
I was a bit gutted to find the masks from the Montex set with the swastikas on it while I was having a tidy up last night. RoG doesn't supply them as decals because of it being illegal to display the swastika in Germany. I wanted to add them because it's historically accurate. I wish I had remembered they were included as masks before I glued the tail on. I will spray them on when I get back on Monday.
I've basically taken a week off from building. Yesterday I tackled the swastikas on the tail. The Montex masks are too fiddly to use in this area, so I used the outer sections of them to mask the white, then used strips of Tamiya tape to mask for the black. I did the black in two sections.
If only I could build kits at the pace I buy kits!
Thank you received: 103
Just...wow! This is looking fantastic. Love what you've done with the black-basing. Final result looks amazing. After seeing what others are doing with oil washes and rendering I've bought a few tubes of Winsor and Newton to start experimenting. I'd be very happy to get results half as good as yours....the undercarriage especially looks very realistic.
Top job all round.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KitModellerNZ
Last night I airbrushed several layers of Vallejo matt varnish on the topsides, drying with a hairdryer in between coats. I don't have a photo, but it's looking fantastic. I'm deciding whether or not it needs further weathering. I was gplannong on doing some oil paint rendering.