Thank you everyone for your kind comments and encouragement. You will see now that the fuselage is assembled with the wings. I haven't done all this in two days! I spent about 10 days just gluing together subassemblies. It all fits together really well. The kit is a nice combination of lots of detail but not too big a parts breakdown, and the whole thing feels amazingly robust. If you are considering a good Airfix 1/24 kit to cut your teeth on go for the Stuka. The Hurricane goes together okay but I couldn't get the cowlings around the nose to fit. The Spitfire has defeated me for the moment. I'm also building the Typhoon at the same time as this and it's great, but with all the parts can be a bit overwhelming. Getting the cowling to fit around the engine is a bit tricky, it took me about 2 hours of fiddling about. The Glycol Cooler on top of the engine needed to be moved about 5mm from where the instructions suggested. I also cut off about 1cm from the front of the bracket the exhaust stacks are attached to on the side of the engine to get the side cowls to fit. The fit of the side cowls is still not perfect, I'll try and reduce the thickness of the front exhaust stack to improve this. When I fitted the rear stabilisers I fitted the struts to ensure they were level. I've taken them back off to make it easier for the painting to come. There was quite a gap at the join at the fin but I filled this with plastic card. Another missing part was the fairing and horn balance on the end of the stabiliser, I made a replacement with some plastic card and a couple of small bomb halves. I've attached a picture showing the Stuka with its 1/72 counterpart!