I've also completed the washes over the interior green areas in the turret, AK's Worn Effects was sprayed over the seat which I've painted aluminium in preparation for the top coat and chipping. So once that has been finished, the HGW fabric seat harness added and cannon painted, I will start assembly..
Tried Vallejo matt varnish for the first time last night. Great stuff that is very forgiving if you apply too much, like I did in a couple of places and doesn't suffer from frosting. I thinned it with water. Really nice finish. I think I've found my new preferred finishing coat.
Airbrushed a few small items still to be added to the interior and test fitted pilots. Tamiya pilot would need to have a section of his legs removed and reworked, but the pilot from my Haseawa P-47 fits perfectly. His body was a bit happy, so I have used dissolved putty to tidy him up. Might try and get the Tamiya figure into the turret gun position.
Spent most of the weekend painting a 1/1 bathroom . Did manage to do a fair bit of kit in between coats though. Almost ready to close the fuselage up on this one now. Spent an hour or two yesterday painting the engine. Lots of nice detail in there. Now I need to cut about 40 sections of micro tube to attach to the stubs of the ignition ring so I can add the wiring. Will look a lot tidier that glueing the wire onto the stubs of the kit part. Pilot is also ready for painting.
That radial is scrubbing up very nicely indeed. While a lot of it might be buried and hence you only get a sneak peek, it still adds valuable depth to the model. It's hard to imagine making a modern radial engine aircraft kit (especially 1/32) without a full engine nowadays. It's become the norm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KitModellerNZ