So before I put this model to one side I did get the paint on the top side done. It was a mega mission, as the primer didn't stick to the model around the end of the fuselage and numerous other patches so i've had to sand down and completely re paint the fuselage as well as many touch ups.
I'm not entirely sure as to why the primer (Mr Surfacer) didn't stick. Probably there was some reside on the model. I did wash it wish soap and water and let it dry before I commenced priming but maybe I didn't rince it throughly as I was being extremely careful not to get water on the canopy masks.
Anyway this is where I got to after a little bit of work as my mojo seems to be coming back pretty well. I'm going to work on a Tamiya 1/48 Corsair, and continue the Ju 88 in the background.
As usual I'm happy to receive any constructive criticism and advice. The yellow on the tail's control surfaces has been painted on and the yellow tape on the engine cowls is pretty much the same colour as I've painted them.
IAN wrote: Kagero decals for a factory finished 78/79/80 machine in Libya 1942...
Cool scheme. I saw that book while researching stuff for this build. Do their plans include rivet detailing? I wouldn't mind having a guide because I would like to try ICM's 1/48 kit some day and apply my own rivets.
I took a little bit of time off the Corsair I'm building to get the decals and paint some touch ups on this. I'm quite pleased with how much better the decals make it look, it's been a tough build for me.
Currently hacking away at:
1/24 Italeri Western Star FINISHED
1/1 Micro Ace M7 Bayonet (round two)
1/24 Panel shop Dio
GW Space marine land speeder
1/72 Airfix RAF rescue launch (All at sea group build)
Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.