Finally finished my first kit for the year. Tried a few thing out with this build. Pre shading was masked to give a sharper line. Used Vallejo metal colours for the first time, aluminium and exhaust manifold, sprayed really well. And last but not least I used EZ line for all the wires. All in all a typical Tamiya experience.
Thanks for looking,
Nicely done. Nice and clean without too much weathering, other than than all the oil streaks underneath which the spits were known for. I like it.
What's the idea behind the bare metal (I assume?) gun access panels under the wing? I've not seen that before.
Thanks for looking. The panels were pre shaded with a dark grey. I was trying to replicate some period pictures
I had seen, they seem to show the panels a little dirty. I don’t think I over sprayed enough with sky so they do look a bit bold.
Maybe a smoke stain across them would be more accurate. I forgot to say to that the prop is from an Airfix Hurricane Mk1(in the stash)
The pilot is included in the kit. There’s one pic there where his face is distorted though the clear plastic, makes his face look way too big! All camo colours are Gunze acrylics.
Hi Ian and Bishop,
Thanks for your comments. Yes I too like the Mk1, something about dark green, dark earth, sky and black spinner!
Not a silly question at all Bishop, EZline in an elastic thread type product. Primarily for railroad modellers powerlines etc.
It is also great for rigging both ships and WW1 aircraft. Once super glue has set the line is very stretchy, so good for bumps and knocks. I found it on Trade me, very good service I got too!
Thanks for looking. Yeah the Vallejo metal does give a good representation of a freshly minted manifold, will have a look to see If there
Is a better match for a more burnt tone.
Thanks for links to BNA as well. I did have a look there but I didn't know what brands etc.