This started life over here
as one of Ian's builds. He had some problems with the fit of the fuselage and it was all destined for the bin, I hate waste and so I took it off his hands. After some repainting and a bit of chopping I coerced the interior in to the fuselage and buttoned it all up. I've just noticed that the wheels need a bit of a wash but nothing major (that I can see).
And here it is, my camera skill still needs some refining as you can't easily see that large parts of the model are actually very shiny while other parts are dull and matted.
Thanks folks for the kind words, yes it's definitely a different scheme, I've got an SBD-1 that is also sporting this scheme which is about 70% complete and I've got a Buffalo that will be built also with yellow wings.
But for now I'll finish the P-47 I was building in parallel with this one which is currently receiving decals and I've also started poking around in one of my HK B-25s (I've got 4 now lol). This Dauntless and the P-47 were practice pieces for the B-25's NM finish that I'll be applying.
Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.
Thanks again folks, it was actually a really nice build. I like Accurate Miniatures kits, I literally have a big stack of them, all different ones. I've only ever had issues with one of them so far and that was the only kit that actually went in the bin (1st kit binning since I got back in to the hobby 11 years ago).
Cheers Maarten, yeah I must admit I'm quite happy with the bare metal, I've used about 3 different systems on this aircraft and different tones in each. I used, Alclad II, AK Extreme and AK Natural Metals (the wax based ones in tubes). I weathered using black and brown enamels from Mig and then some black pigment for the smoke and dirt around the cowls.
I'm going to use the same effects on the P-47 I'm doing and if I like it I'll apply the same method to the HK B-25 I've started.