New Stash Acquisitions

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #4291 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New Stash Acquisitions
I got my B-Wing from here Chris https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132761374538www.ebay.com.au/itm/132761374538 worked out to $87 NZ which is about as cheap as I could find it plus it's the special edition version (not that'll stop me ripping the plastic off) lol

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
1 year 3 months ago #4292 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic New Stash Acquisitions
That's a pretty good price G1, Mine was about $97, I had a look for the special edition one at the time and the cheapest I found was about $130ish.
I got mine from here for the bwing and here for the star destroyer and death star . There may be cheaper ones out there now as I ordered them back the beginning of august before they were released.

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
1 year 3 months ago #4293 by Webby_NZ
Replied by Webby_NZ on topic New Stash Acquisitions
Ebay sellers have realized how popular these kits are and that people want them right away and some are asking crazy prices.

I will have some normal and limited edition bwings arriving in the next few weeks. Managed to get some at a good price.
If nobody wants them by then ill happily build them as the b-wing is in my top 5 alltime star wars machines.

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

More
1 year 3 months ago #4294 by Gary
I don't know some of the prices were very reasonable, $80 for the B-Wing is very reasonable considering what's in the kit.
There are lots of kits with bloated prices from the manufacturers, for example the recent Eduard B-24 Coastal Command kit in 1/72 is horrendously expensive, considering it's just a Hasegawa kit with some PE thrown in. I still had to shell out to get the engines and other addons that often come bundled with kits from other manufacturers (special Hobby, Classic Airframes etc).
And don't get me started on older kits that are OOP, I've recently acquired some Star Furies from Revell which now cost 3 times what they did when they were in production.
Long story short It just pays to shop around see what other sellers are selling for and use other sites, it's amazing what you can pick up from Amazon of all places at quite reasonable prices.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #4295 by Craig Sargent
Replied by Craig Sargent on topic New Stash Acquisitions

Gary wrote: I don't know some of the prices were very reasonable, $80 for the B-Wing is very reasonable considering what's in the kit.
There are lots of kits with bloated prices from the manufacturers, for example the recent Eduard B-24 Coastal Command kit in 1/72 is horrendously expensive, considering it's just a Hasegawa kit with some PE thrown in. I still had to shell out to get the engines and other addons that often come bundled with kits from other manufacturers (special Hobby, Classic Airframes etc).

Actually not true. In addition to the Hasegawa srpues, you get 2 comprehensve new tooled sprues by Eduard (some of which will dress up/correct my other Hasegawa Liberator), the photo etch, a high quality poster, a very good book (albeit in Czech) on the subject, and a full set of pre-cut kabuki masks.

Given that retailers here sell the Hasegawa kit for between $90-$110 (and it retails around NZ$70 in Japan BEFORE shipping), the additional bits are easily worth the additional price. It pays, like everything to shop around. I managed to buy it the month it was released for NZ$125 including shipping. For me, the additional items were worth the price. I look at it this way. It costs nearly $20 to go to the movies now to be entertained for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Am I going to get more than 10 hours of entertainment out of a kit? Absolutely. Good cost to value ratio for me. Just my opinion mind.

The Brassin egines are nice, but superfluous (you will barely see them when done). The only extra I bought for mine were the Brassin wheels, which are stunners and light years ahead of what Hasegawa offer.

On The Bench
Hasegawa 1/48 OA-4M Skyhawk conversion
Trumpeter 1/32 A-10A JAWS conversion
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Craig Sargent.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #4296 by Gary
Have to agree to disagree on this one mate.
I'd love to find it for that much. Even from Eduard it is $140 US which is around $200 NZ you can't find it anywhere much below that.

The book is nice but basically a cut down version of Pavel's other book (which is in English).
I didn't realise that the sprues were different, the PE isn't any different to the regular update set (I know I've just bought one to update my other Hasegawa kit).
The poster is nice but again doesn't really justify the high costs.
I ended up buying mine from a retailer here and it was nowhere near the $90-$110 at least not now and I must admit I've never seen it here for that myself.
I got the Sin set for both my kits and while not cheap are nice and make a bit of difference overall.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Gary.

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #4297 by Craig Sargent
Replied by Craig Sargent on topic New Stash Acquisitions
Slight oops. Mine was NZ$160 with shipping, $120 for the kit. Still good value.

I NEVER buy from Eduard, because as soon as their store sees you are outside of Europe it hikes the prices to ROW pricing.I bought mine from a dealer in Cz and they charged me US$85 for the kit. Compare that to over US$140 from Eduard and you see why I never buy through them.

Edit: Just checked and still available (note I do get an extra 7% discount for being a frequent shopper).

On The Bench
Hasegawa 1/48 OA-4M Skyhawk conversion
Trumpeter 1/32 A-10A JAWS conversion
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Craig Sargent.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
1 year 3 months ago #4298 by CyNaKyL
Latest one, everything i ordered during august seems to be turning up all at once.

Still undecided if I want to try and get the separate missile containers kit, quite expensive for what it is, if I was doing a reloading dioramam then maybe but unsure otherwise.

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....
Attachments:

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #4299 by Webby_NZ

CyNaKyL wrote: Latest one, everything i ordered during august seems to be turning up all at once.

Still undecided if I want to try and get the separate missile containers kit, quite expensive for what it is, if I was doing a reloading dioramam then maybe but unsure otherwise.

Yeah, thats a manly bit of kit right there, im sure Putin has a poster of that on his bedroom wall.
and I agree, the price of the add on set is crazy in comparison to the kit.

Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
1 year 3 months ago #4300 by CyNaKyL
I originally saw Panda announced their one and I thought I will probably get it, it won't be the greatest kit but it's the only kit of it. Then Meng announced their one and there was no contest at all, plus the price isn't too different between the two.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
1 year 3 months ago #4301 by CyNaKyL
Couple of small ones, 2 more jars of paint (the blue will be for my r35 that I got, not a real colour they had but have always like the metallic-ly blue colours on cars) and a more important one, the DJRP pod for my GB100 Harrier. It's the first time I've ever bought a piece of resin that someone has done themselves (ie not a proper resin company like Phase Hanger or Eduard Brassin etc). Hard to see in the photos but the details are there but is somewhat soft so will have to rescribe it a bit. A few little bubbles on the upper side of the "head" which I will fill but you won't see much of it anyway once it's on the kit so I won't stress too much.

Attachments:

More
1 year 3 months ago #4302 by Gary
Yeah I have those paints, they lay down nicely.

I got these colour shifting paints the other day from Mighty Ape

www.greenstuffworld.com/en/chameleon-acr...lic-paint-set-1.html

www.greenstuffworld.com/en/chameleon-acr...lic-paint-set-2.html

Itching to use them but saving them for something special I have planned.

More
1 year 3 months ago #4303 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic New Stash Acquisitions
They look cool G1! I had a delivery today also..sommat a bit different..

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
Attachments:

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
1 year 3 months ago #4304 by CyNaKyL
Nice G1, I was looking at those too and thought they looked interesting.

Corran, how many organs did you hand over for that? This is the one that got banned in europe because it doesn't say that it is fictional and that some people could come to the conclusion that the nazis had flying saucers (never mind that the americans didn't use the b-36 peacemaker until after the war.) I have been wanting one but not for the price they have been going for ($200-300 in most cases).

More
1 year 3 months ago #4305 by Nosferatu
No too many...$120 Aus landed.. From UK seller on Ebay

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
1 year 3 months ago #4306 by CyNaKyL
That's actually pretty reasonable. You got a link to the seller (if he has any more of course!)

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #4307 by shaunfletcher
Replied by shaunfletcher on topic New Stash Acquisitions
Those GreenStuffWorld emails from MIghty Ape are damned dangerous arent they... bought a few too many things from those myself.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #4308 by Nosferatu
here is the link but it looks like he is out..there seems to be plenty of the Squadron one around but have read about some bad fit issues on those..
www.ebaystores.co.uk/jumbliesmodelsmailorder
It is here at Phil Flory's P&M Models for 68 quid..approx $128 delivered..
www.florymodels.co.uk/pm-models-sci-fi/

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Nosferatu.

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #4309 by Webby_NZ

Nosferatu wrote: here is the link but it looks like he is out..there seems to be plenty of the Squadron one around but have read about some bad fit issues on those..

I think they will be very hard to get, at least until the updated boxing's are released.
sittingducksmodels.wordpress.com/2018/08...-pulled-from-stores/

If previous Wave kits (at least their MaK) are anything to go by it should be a good kit, butI have not heard of any fit issues with the Squadron either.
Maybe hold onto original boxing, might become a collectors item in a few years like the General Lee kits with the confederate flag on the box :-)

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #4310 by CyNaKyL

Nosferatu wrote: here is the link but it looks like he is out..there seems to be plenty of the Squadron one around but have read about some bad fit issues on those..
It is here at Phil Flory's P&M Models for 68 quid..approx $128 delivered..
www.florymodels.co.uk/pm-models-sci-fi/

I thought the Revell kit was the Squadron one but apparently not.
Thanks for the link to Flory's. I suspect it will get re-released at some point once they have fixed the packaging to satisfy the PC brigade.

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by CyNaKyL.

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #4311 by Webby_NZ
Got my interest (considering I have the Squadron kit on the shelves)
Looks to be quite a few differences, the Revell should be but does lack a little bit of detail on the exterior etc.
Revell - brexitmodeller.com/forums/topic/2253-revell-haunebu-172-03903/
Squadron - www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=11746

Not that you can prove either is actually accurate :-)

More
1 year 3 months ago #4312 by Hadley
Replied by Hadley on topic New Stash Acquisitions
Mighty ape had a sale...
Wasn't in a rush to get it coz it's well priced on eBay
But I try support NZ as long as price did isn't too much
Got an idea for when I eventually build it but that's a while away so will hide in stash till then lol
Prob the deepest model box I've got, pic doesn't do it justice
So thanks mighty ape

In the build:
2x Possum Bourne Subaru rally cars
2x Lynx AH-7's
KA-50 Hokum
AH-1W Cobra
Attachments:

More
1 year 3 months ago #4313 by Fritz
Replied by Fritz on topic New Stash Acquisitions
Ooohh nice Hadley!

In Progress:
Tamiya 1/48 F-117A
Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4K
www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php/forum/38-...zaf-1-48-ta-4k-build

Completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #4314 by CyNaKyL
Decals for my 2 Mitsi F-2's arrived courtesy of DXM, they look fantastic and as well they should, being done by cartograph and all. The kit schemes are plain and boring so at least with these I can have kits with cool tail artwork (the panther on the F-2A and the samurai on the F-2B). Plus it means I can use the other markings to do a couple of JASDF WHIF's I have been thinking about doing someday.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by CyNaKyL.

• PhantomPhreakII
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #4315 by PhantomPhreakII
Replied by PhantomPhreakII on topic New Stash Acquisitions
Finallly, after my return from Vietnam (a 2 week holiday) I was able to score the Revel 48th scale Beaufighter...

And seeing as I did get a few $$ for my birthday I decided to get an M-113 (which will have some ind of Cambodian mrkings...)

Harald
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by PhantomPhreakII.

• KitModellerNZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 2 months ago #4316 by KitModellerNZ
Replied by KitModellerNZ on topic New Stash Acquisitions
I ordered some HGW seatbelts for a P-51D, so it would make sense to also buy a kit.

Attachment not found

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
1 year 2 months ago #4317 by CyNaKyL
Nice one Si. The revell mustang is supposed to be a really nice kit, not quite tamiya level but since it is like half the price that is to be expected. Revell has been on a bit of a roll lately with all their new ww2 1/32 releases, well detailed and easily built but still well priced.

• KitModellerNZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 2 months ago #4318 by KitModellerNZ
Replied by KitModellerNZ on topic New Stash Acquisitions
Yeah I've been researching this one for a while. When it came up for sale for $82 I couldn't resist. I was actually planning on getting the Trumpeter P-47 Razorback, but that can wait. Current budget doesn't allow me to get the Tamiya P-51, but I will get one of those sometime in the future.

• PhantomPhreakII
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 year 2 months ago #4319 by PhantomPhreakII
Replied by PhantomPhreakII on topic New Stash Acquisitions
Here's another gem I picked up...

Harald
Attachments:

More
1 year 2 months ago #4320 by IAN
Replied by IAN on topic New Stash Acquisitions
Don't usually post 'new acquisitions' however I'm going to show these because of where I got them from - found a seller on eBay based in HK and specializing in Tamiya kits. Prices aren't rock bottom, but are very competitive, the BIG plus is the low postage cost. For these three, just $10.00 AUD (everything on the site is priced in AUD).

Packaging is superb, dispatch time is about three working days, transit time for these was just over two weeks, but items are tracked all the way to your door. If you're interested, please PM me for the name of the seller.

AFN

Ian.
Attachments:

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary