Wanted To Buy....WNW Kits

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • F1xena
  • F1xena's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • If only I could build kits at the pace I buy kits!
More
1 month 1 week ago #1 by F1xena
Wanted To Buy....WNW Kits was created by F1xena
Hi all,

This will be pie-in-the-sky, but if anyone has any Wingnut Wings kits they are looking at selling, please let me know. I have a friend in Japan who is keen on obtaining (and building) as many of the kits as may be available. He has a reasonable number already, but wants to “complete the set”. His wife asked if I could help locate some as he doesn’t speak English and there is only limited availability in Japan. I’m aware of the sort of money being asked on Ebay and even Trademe, and am only interested in paying a “fair” price.
Maybe someone who picked up some extras at the Masterton air show? I’m hoping WNW may open up sales of those kits not sold due to the show being cut short, but who knows?

Cheers

Tania

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2 by Viperbuilder
Replied by Viperbuilder on topic Wanted To Buy....WNW Kits
Hi Tania
I spoke with the WnW staff at Masterton and they said they will be opening up to their overseas distributors again shortly so its just a case of being patient for now.
Cheers
Steve

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 Tiger Moth

More
1 month 1 week ago #3 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Wanted To Buy....WNW Kits
Ooooh does that mean we might see a re-emergence or is it just old stock?
Damn I knew I should of sold off my kits at inflated prices when I had the chance.
I've got a bunch of WnW kits I was toying with flogging off to help pay for the laser cutting machine.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: F1xena

• F1xena
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #4 by F1xena
Replied by F1xena on topic Wanted To Buy....WNW Kits
Cool, thanks for that. They obviously have a big stash of kits out there, and you would think it would make sense to sell them, rather than pay warehousing costs, but I’m not sure how much logic has been involved in the whole WNW affair!

• F1xena
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #5 by F1xena

Gary wrote: Ooooh does that mean we might see a re-emergence or is it just old stock?
Damn I knew I should of sold off my kits at inflated prices when I had the chance.
I've got a bunch of WnW kits I was toying with flogging off to help pay for the laser cutting machine.

Well, if the market tanks Gary, keep me in mind!

More
1 month 1 week ago #6 by Viperbuilder
Replied by Viperbuilder on topic Wanted To Buy....WNW Kits
WnW will only be selling existing stock. Their accountants are running the show there so they aren't staffed to do online sales. Local sales will be done at pop-up venues to tie in with airshows and the like. The former WnW staff have all gone to the four winds so no prospect in the short term of the company manufacturing again. Whether it does or not will depend on Peter Jackson being in a better financial position in the future. No-one could answer the question on whether the Lancaster kits will be finished. They may be held in limbo just like the Dambusters movie remake, once again all dependent on Peter Jackson's financial position improving.

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 Tiger Moth
The following user(s) said Thank You: F1xena

• F1xena
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 month 6 days ago #7 by F1xena
Yeah, I figured that. I was actually talking to Richard yesterday, and although he is completely out of it now, he said there is a stash of kits in warehouses, but you can’t apply any logic to what they will do with them as nobody seems to know.
The “sensible” thing would be to move them on to distributors, and therefore get “something” for them. Certainly easier and cheaper than having to run a mail order system, even if the return for each kit would be less. I’m not sure that money is the problem, or they would have sold them all by now.
I guess the real answer is nobody knows anything for sure!

Moderators: AndrewGary