Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • olive drab
  • olive drab's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 months 1 week ago #1 by olive drab
Wingnut Wings was created by olive drab
This clip puts clarity into where Wingnut Wings is at. More bad news in these bad times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
7 months 1 week ago #2 by grover
Replied by grover on topic Wingnut Wings
www.hyperscale.com/wnwupdate_1.htm

Lots of talk about this around but no official news as far as I know. Especially considering the interest anything Peter Jackson does in the media here, you would expect a liquidation or closure to be reported on.

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

More
7 months 1 week ago #3 by Moeggo
Replied by Moeggo on topic Wingnut Wings
This was posted over on the WNW Fans page on Facebook by another member, and he sums it up perfectly...

My thoughts on whats going on with the mixed messages on their website announcements

Fact: Staff have been made redundant WNW as we (the modellers) know it is gone.

Opinion: Peter Jackson and whoever else owns the entity doesn't want it to go broke to the point of receivers or liquidators. Why? that damages the PJ brand (forget WNW hardly anyone knows what that is or who owns it). A PJ company in liquidation would be news picked up by the press and reflects poorly on him personally. So they stop the rot by letting staff go, keep the website up, halt sales, and hope to sell to an investor as a going concern which avoids the negative press and no ones the wiser. Just that the pool of investors for a model-making company (that was obviously losing money) ain't that big. Good luck I guess.

Radio New Zealand had a small bulletin on WNW and TVAL on their 7 am News update on Saturday or Sunday, they didn't have much more to add than what has already been stated.

More
7 months 1 week ago #4 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Wingnut Wings
You got out just in time Dave and working where you are I imagine like me you're fairly safe in these uncertain times?
Sad news indeed about WnW would be nice to see a happy ending, would love to see it stay in NZ but I imagine the likes of one of the Taiwanese, HK companies will pick it all up lock stock so to speak.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary