TOPIC: Air New Zealand ZK-OKP Hobbit

Air New Zealand ZK-OKP Hobbit 4 days 17 hours ago #1

• PhantomPhreakII
  • PhantomPhreakII's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
HI all....

Having fhinehd 2 models (well allmost, just a caot of flat..) I decide to break out another model. The Revell (born Zvezda) Tripple 7, in Hobbit LIvery..

I'v found a boatload of pics. One question remains...or 2 really..

1) what color is the underside of the fuselage? (looks llik polished aluminium to me..)
2) waht color is the underside of the wings (and topside too..)

Harald

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by PhantomPhreakII.

Air New Zealand ZK-OKP Hobbit 3 days 20 hours ago #2

• Huey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Phantom, I had the same issue when building my 737. I had no idea. I ended up using Tamyia XF66 light grey which I mixed with XF2 white until I got it light enough. I think it was about 50/50. I used X11 Chrome silver for the leading edge and X32 Titanium silver for the centre of the top of the wings. Looking at pics of the 777 the underside of the fuselage looks to be the same grey as the engine cowlings. The same with the top side of the wings, but with chrome leading edges. Id use XF66 and keep making it lighter until you get the shade you want. Hope thats helpful. I had to eye ball it.

Air New Zealand ZK-OKP Hobbit 3 days 20 hours ago #3

• Jasmckee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
The color is a Boeing grey, the closest colour I had used was Canadian voodoo grey ( FS16515) by model master which is as close to perfect. tamiya xf-80 is another color that is close according to some sources.

The 777 and 767 wings engines and lower fuselage were the same grey(or so close it isn’t funny). The leading edges ( the deicing edges) are more of a Matt aluminium. Let me know if you need any more help, I used to refuel the birds at auckland

In the ongoing battle between aluminium tubes going hundreds of miles per hour and the earth going zero, the earth is yet to loose
Last Edit: by Jasmckee.
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary