TOPIC: Scale Models Expo 2018

Scale Models Expo 2018 1 week 5 days ago #1

• willvale
  • willvale's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi folks,

It's that time again, and in fact this would've been earlier but I've been horribly busy in the run-up to Christmas and then got waylaid by the festive season in the usual way...

I'd like very much to invite you to the Scale Models Expo being held in Wellington this year. We're at the Expressions Arts & Entertainment Centre in Upper Hutt over the weekend 21-22 April 2018 - the same venue as 2014 and 2016. The Expo will have lots of models to enjoy and it's looking from early bookings and expressions of interest like we'll get a good range of traders from around the country and overseas too.

We are running a public competition much as in 2016 (where it was alongside the Nationals) so you don't have to be an IPMS club member to enter, and we're planning some pretty amazing prizes on which more soon. Modellers can enter any number of models and entry to the show is free to entrants, so if you're coming down bring something for the competitions and get in free :) See the rules (on the website) for full details, but roughly any model can be entered provided it's your own work and hasn't previously placed in a Scale Models Expo public competition.

As usual, details are on our website and the online entry form is open from the get-go.

http://scalemodelswellington.org.nz/expo

I'll be sending this out to model clubs as well as soon as I get past a big deadline next week, but if you could pass the word around I'd really appreciate it.

I know transporting quantities of models can be a nightmare, but we'd love to set table space aside for club/group/individual displays if there is interest. We're keen for you to get involved and will do what we can to help make that happen.

And on a personal note thanks heaps to all the out-of-towners who made it down (and up!) from parts distant in 2016. It was really good to meet some new people and put faces to internet accounts for those that I've met online. Here's hoping we do it again in 2018 :)

If you have any questions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

All the best for the New Year!

Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scale Models Expo 2018 1 week 4 days ago #2

• Tiger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 850
I'm keen
The following user(s) said Thank You: willvale

Scale Models Expo 2018 1 week 4 days ago #3

• willvale
  • willvale's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Awesome!

Scale Models Expo 2018 1 week 4 days ago #4

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
As long as it doesn't coincide with work travel (Murphy's Law), will be down again this year. Always a good excuse to have a road trip.

On The Bench

Hasegawa 1/48 F-18 Hornet prototype
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk

Scale Models Expo 2018 1 week 3 days ago #5

• maltsr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Enjoyed myself back in 2016 so I'll be heading down again from Napier with a good selection of cars (civilian vehicles ;) )

• Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary