Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: With a degree of disappointment Ive decided to pull out of AiC

With a degree of disappointment Ive decided to pull out of AiC 2 weeks 2 days ago #1

• olive drab
  • olive drab's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
With a degree of disappointment Ive decided to pull out of AiC. Too most people here you wont know who I am those few who do I would like you to respect my decision. Looking over what Ive tried to create in the last year the standard is not what I want and quite frankly setting myself up to fail in any comp iVe considered entering is just dumb, Ive hidden them all away from even myself so I dont have to look at my failures.
The displays Ive tired to create in the past have had virtually no interest probably due to the models being mediocre at best, and none of my figures Ive tried to do look any good now or have even turned out how I wanted then to be, even to the extent of paints drying glossy on figures when this never happens to others let alone expensive figures ending up with skin tones more akin to the bad guys in a horror movie.
I think Ill spend saturday reclaiming my rather nice table from the modelling mess on it and box everything up and away before the WC qualifier comes on TV.
I'm not a social person perfering my own company in places where I dont see another person so thats the plan for Sunday.
I'm posting this from purely a modelling perspective, thanks for taking time to read this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

With a degree of disappointment Ive decided to pull out of AiC 2 weeks 2 days ago #2

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 795
That's a real shame Mark, I'll personally miss not seeing you and your models there. I always liked your work, your attention to detail and historical accuracy was/is par none.
Not sure you should bail on the event though, we all need human contact and I think right now whether you know it or not you do, no this doesn't mean I'm going to give you a big man hug, but I do think that locking yourself away isn't the answer to your frustrations.
Isn't Andy counting on you to be there for him to?
Whatever you decide we will still be here when you feel like picking up the tools again.
If it's ok with you I'll separate this from the main thread as it's a bit of a downer compared to the rest of the lighthearted topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bishop, Glenn

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
RAF Liberator Squadrons
Last Edit: by Gary.

With a degree of disappointment Ive decided to pull out of AiC 2 weeks 2 days ago #3

• Glenn
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 501
Do what makes you happy Mark:)
But if you feel like some company and a chat you know where we will be all weekend :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Last Edit: by Glenn.

With a degree of disappointment Ive decided to pull out of AiC 2 weeks 2 days ago #4

• Viperbuilder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 342
I'm not sure what to make of your comments Mark. We all have moments when we feel a little depressed over various things, but like Bill English said...it's all about getting back up again. Most of the people putting models on the table are doing it for the joy of participating. Think about it like you are participating in a large fun run. Who cares where you come, you are just one of many having fun doing what you enjoy, having mini-races with others around you and just completing the distance. I come along way each year just to touch base with those faces and personalities that I've grown to enjoy the company of over the years and help out where I can make a contribution. AiC and the Waikato club are growing entities and are really still in their infancy as far as it goes to becoming established and stand out entities. Both rely on the regular pioneers who turn up every year to ensure it happens and gather some growth to the point where others want to be a part this themselves. We haven't talked a lot as individuals to each other in the past but you are always there, just like Gary, Glenn, Ian, other Steve, Elliot just to name a few. It's sum of all us that makes the difference. We chat as group when we are there and that's where the aura of good feeling comes about, setting up shop, helping out during the show, packing up, giving each other some occasional lip and so on. It's great.

Let's hope you can connect again and be part of the scene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Glenn, grover

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 P-40B
Airfix 1-72 P-40B

With a degree of disappointment Ive decided to pull out of AiC 2 weeks 1 day ago #5

• Marder38
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I agree with the others, Hopefully it is just brides nerves? It would be sad not to see you there,
No one really cares about me or my models either, I just do it for the club & the scene.
I enjoyed chatting about the models you made with the unit depicted or what aftermarket items you used.
You are needed to fill some display table & avoid postage for some Might Ape merchandise :)
Hope you reconsider ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glenn

With a degree of disappointment Ive decided to pull out of AiC 2 weeks 1 day ago #6

• Tiger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 808
I'm not a big writer so....
Agree with other comments.
Owe you a drink next time Mark

• Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary