Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 5 days ago #151

• yak
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 191

Craig Sargent wrote: I must say it was a little disappointing so many entries disappeared so early on. I understand people have to travel, but the tables were almost half empty by late morning on Sunday, and there was no chance to photograph some of the winners. I'll post some of my images in a seprate thread.

I felt really bad about having to pack up my stuff and leave at the end of Saturday again this year that I have decided that if I can’t do both days from now on I won’t be putting anything on the comp tables just on the display ones. I did make sure Gary had photos of all my stuff before I left though so should be put up soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rob

Currently hacking away at:
1/24 Panel shop Dio
GW Space marine land speeder FINISHED
1/72 Airfix RAF rescue launch (All at sea group build) FINISHED

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 5 days ago #152

• Nosferatu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 405

yak wrote:

Craig Sargent wrote: I must say it was a little disappointing so many entries disappeared so early on. I understand people have to travel, but the tables were almost half empty by late morning on Sunday, and there was no chance to photograph some of the winners. I'll post some of my images in a seprate thread.

I felt really bad about having to pack up my stuff and leave at the end of Saturday again this year that I have decided that if I can’t do both days from now on I won’t be putting anything on the comp tables just on the display ones. I did make sure Gary had photos of all my stuff before I left though so should be put up soon.

I Feel the same....I will certainly will be making an effort to be there for both days next year.

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 5 days ago #153

• GB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm another who is guilty of packing up on Saturday and heading back home. Wanted to stay the weekend but wife is away and have sick cat at home so circumstances conspired against me staying. Next year I will ensure I'm down for both days!
Saturday was great though. Lots to see and plenty of awesome models on display. Waikato IPMS did a great job and looking forward to the nationals next year.

Gary

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 5 days ago #154

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 795
Don't sweat it guys we'll work it out. One of the things I'm looking at is having the judging over 2 days. But there's a lot of other stuff to sort out. Was good to have you guys there regardless I know how far some of you had to come.
Gaz

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
RAF Liberator Squadrons

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 4 days ago #155

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
I was looking through photos of entries from previous AiC competitions, and noted that some of the winning armour from this year had actually won at previous competitions. It's a little unfair on other modellers to have award winning models, and re-enter them, as it will stop others from getting a chance to place/win in the event.

Note for the Nationals next year that the Nationals rules state that any model that has won or placed (including Highly Commended) at any previous Nationals is not eligible for entry. Models that win/place at Armistice are fine as that is not considered a National competition by IPMS definition. Also it's really common courtesy/decency to give others a chance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Glenn, Tiger

On The Bench

Hasegawa 1/48 F-18 Hornet prototype
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk
Last Edit: by Craig Sargent.

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 4 days ago #156

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I am worried about this and wasn't aware of it, we don't generally have issues with models that have come 2nd or 3rd (this will be different for Nationals) but 1st place can't re-enter (hence having to 'knock up' that 1/72 Wessex).
To be honest I didn't know who had won/lost or placed until I came to take the photos, I distanced myself from that this year as Steve had it all in hand.
We will also be tightening the rules for the Nationals to align more closely with UK and US IPMS rules so don't panic Captain Mannering. :D

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
RAF Liberator Squadrons

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 4 days ago #157

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
Unfortunately, I didn't realise until later either. Apparently the modeller concerned was even told prior to entering, which makes it even more disappointing. He is from Auckland, although not a current club member, but we will have a quiet word with him.

On The Bench

Hasegawa 1/48 F-18 Hornet prototype
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk
Last Edit: by Craig Sargent.

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 4 days ago #158

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
For those of you who heard me spend the weekend hacking my guts out, I found out today that I had/have bronchitis, surprised I kept going as long as I did, no wonder breathing was a bit hard at times lol

RAF Liberator Squadrons

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 4 days ago #159

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 166
Yeah didn't sound too clever, you look after yourself!

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 4 days ago #160

• Nosferatu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 405

Gary wrote: For those of you who heard me spend the weekend hacking my guts out, I found out today that I had/have bronchitis, surprised I kept going as long as I did, no wonder breathing was a bit hard at times lol

Neck that Red wine mate! That'll sort it! In all seriousness ..Take it easy!!

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 4 days ago #161

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Don't stress about the double up on the wins, if the other stuff wasn't good enough (mine included) then it's us that needs to step up. I'd rather lose than win an empty victory, I'll win under my own steam or not at all.
Besides it's on us and you shouldn't be making him feel guilty for winning, move on, learn from the past don't repeat it ;)

RAF Liberator Squadrons

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 3 days ago #162

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Just wondering where/if we would at some point be able to see a list of the winners/placings in each category? Would love to know who actually won some of these, and didn't get there soon enough on Sunday to find out!

Shaun

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 3 days ago #163

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm still recovering but I'll get the list off Steve and get it up over the next few days.

RAF Liberator Squadrons

Armistice in Cambridge 2017 Model Competition Classes 1 week 3 days ago #164

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Sweet thanks

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary