Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MASTERBOX Figure Modelling Competition - Official Competition Thread

MASTERBOX Figure Modelling Competition - Official Competition Thread 6 years 4 months ago #1

• Dean
  • Dean's Avatar Topic Author
  • I must do less research, I must do less research
  • Thank you received: 44
This is a build competition aimed at promoting the Masterbox range of figures by demonstrating how they can give life to a scene/vehicle etc.

Prizes are one of five sets of three Masterbox Figure Sets. These will be posted out to the winners at the sponsor's cost anywhere in the world. Photos at the bottom )

THE RULES

Start date is March 1st

Build Completion date is April 30th

Photos for the judging must be received by May 20th.

There will be two winners, one judged by online voting done from May21st till June 4th. The other by an independent judge. NB If there are sufficient entires ( over 15 ) then there will also be runner up prizes of a single figure kit in each category. Remaining kits will be used on Kiwimodeller as future prizes when an occassion arises.

Winners announced on the evening of June 5th.

The competition guideline is a 1/35 scale figure building study in composition. Each entry must contain at least three Masterbox figures. With one exception no other brand figures to be used, any other brand vehicle, accessory, building etc may be used.

The figure exception is that fully modified/sculpted unique figures may be used if by doing so they provide ideas for how to improve existing sets or the creation of new sets ( A DML figure with a Hornet head doesn't count, a DML figure with a Hornet head, remodelled arms and legs and resculpted hands does - in other words modification must be extensive enough to make the figure unique and the three MB figures must still be used )

The focus of this competition is "COMPOSITION". That means that the quality of the finish will not be a factor in the judging, what the judges will be looking for is the way in which the figures are used, adapted, incorporated into a vehicle or with other figures. Modifications are allowed ( even encouraged ), dioramas, vignettes, use of building, vehicles, etc is fine but the figures have to be the focus. ideally if you can show a scene/vehicle without the figures and then with the figures to show how they transform the scene/vehicle then you're on the right track.

Anyone intending to enter just add your name in this thread, entries close on March 22nd, after that you'll have till March 31st to send photos to an independent mod ( not involved in the judging ) who will post them up here with no names to prevent bias. You can of course send photos in earlier if done earlier. Multiple entries are allowed but each entry must fit the criteria.

HOW TO ENTER

Get a kit, build the kit, send in photos. We will shortly add named moderator to whom the photos can be sent, please also include your name, address, and the set of kits you would like if you win.

You can provide as many photos as you like but one MUST contain a photo of your build with the Kiwimodeller Forum on a PC in the background ( this prevents entries of photos taken from the web ) and only one photo will be used for the judging so if you have one you want used identify it as such.

On April 1st these photos will be posted up in a competition gallery for voting.

WHERE TO GET A KIT

Masterbox kits should for the main part cost you between $10-$20NZD so not a big investment.

You can find them at these places to name a few :

In New Zealand - www.militarymodels.co.nz Email direct or click the TradeMe link

In Australia - www.bnamodelworld.com/master-box

In Europe - www.plastic-model-store.com Select from Manufacturers on the left

In the U.S. - www.dragonusaonline.com ( to name but one )

THE PRIZES

GERMAN

RUSSIAN

BRITISH

PACIFIC

EASTERN FRONT

My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...
Last Edit: by Dean.
The topic has been locked.

Re: MASTERBOX Figure Modelling Competition - Official Competition Thread 6 years 4 months ago #2

• Dean
Time for a bump.
My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...

Re: MASTERBOX Figure Modelling Competition - Official Competition Thread 6 years 4 months ago #3

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 719
/Bump did this start yet?
If not shall we revise the start date, give people a week or two to get ready and then go for it? It's been rather busy here what with getting everything else underway.
Maybe March 1st Start date?

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
RAF Liberator Squadrons

Re: MASTERBOX Figure Modelling Competition - Official Competition Thread 6 years 4 months ago #4

• Dean

Gary wrote: /Bump did this start yet?
If not shall we revise the start date, give people a week or two to get ready and then go for it? It's been rather busy here what with getting everything else underway.
Maybe March 1st Start date?

Okey dokey, I've changed the dates, that gives everyone almost half a year which I figure has to be plenty of time.
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeBishopAndrewMaartenCyNaKyLGary1/35th Battalion