Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Grant
  • Grant's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #1 by Grant
Group build progress Sept was created by Grant
How is everyone going with their builds? How is almost done? About to start? Who has lost their mojo? Anyone had an irretrievable disaster? :pinch:

I'm going to crank out my Sci-Fi and WWI builds to keep my 100% completion rate intact. :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #2 by Powder
Replied by Powder on topic Group build progress Sept
Just the one project on the bench - which is a bit unusual for me - but that's a Sci-Fi GB supplementary build, so no stress here. :cheer:

I'm itching to get going on the 'All at Sea' GB but that's over a month away so I might have to look for something else to keep me occupied.
Does anyone else enjoy deciding what to build next? It's my favourite part of the build - then it's all down hill from there. :P
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Powder.

More
3 years 8 months ago #3 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic Group build progress Sept
Well the Phantom is comingalong nicely... few more nights of solid modelling and she should be done...

Then the BTR GB, I've started the Ferarri, so should be finished that one (with the extended time)

Other than that I haven't committed to any others :)

• Marcus.Q1000859
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #4 by Marcus.Q1000859
Replied by Marcus.Q1000859 on topic Group build progress Sept
Just need to keep progressing my MiG. Bloody wet weekend though, kids are all stir crazy.

I started building models, then I was collecting more than I built. Now I'm more of an archivist.
Attachments:

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
3 years 8 months ago #5 by grover
Replied by grover on topic Group build progress Sept
Not doing any GBs right now. did 2 tomcat builds, both small and not of the greatest quality. Completed the Sci-fi build, and Iron Curtain build. Tanked the ODS build and still looking for a kit I want to build for the Born to race build. Im going to look at the Phantom build when Corran is ready to start as we're building the same plane.

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

More
3 years 8 months ago #6 by gibbs
Replied by gibbs on topic Group build progress Sept
The two I had planned to participate in didn't even get of the starting block although I did add another one of the F-14's to the stash
I keep thinking I probably should clear the bench down and do about more work on the flak HT now that my back isn't as painful

My next GB will be the All at Sea build which I am really looking forward too I just need to get the kit ordered for it when I've got the money sorted for it, which would of been quicker if I hadn't seen 2 fantastic but also really expensive cookbooks, so some of my hobby funds have been siphoned in there direction

My little corner of the internet
File Attachment:

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
3 years 8 months ago #7 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Group build progress Sept
I'm all over the show with mine :blush:

The past week has been a write off for modelling :pinch: We had the inlaws up from Wellington for my daughters 7th birthday party yesterday, and with it being school holidays for the next two weeks I'm not sure how bench time is going to pan out. Battling with the mojo too knowing I'm going to have to box up the model room in the next month :(

Here is where I stand with mine

Completed the T-55A for the Behind the Iron Curtain

Tomcat GB - started, but all unfinished :blush: One day I'll finish an aircraft for a GB - Need to get the voting thread up, will do this tomorrow

Sci Fi - sadly likely to be a victim of the missing mojo. Cant seem to get the enthusiasm flowing for it :dry:

Built to race - Happy for an extension to get this back on track :whistle:

WWI GB - Awaiting paint. Tossing up between mixing Tamiya paints for a colour match, or paying for some Vallejo paints. Need to decide quick, as end date is approaching quickly :ohmy:

Helicopter GB - Might be able to get this one done with my alternate MD530G build. Need to get it back on the bench and reassess.

NASCAR - Build shelved to work on Tomcats, then the Evo. Brought a distributor wiring set recently. Maybe this week will make some progress

RAF Bomber Command 80th - Will most likely make a start on this once we have moved house

All at Sea - As above

Conflict: Vietnam GB - as above also. Have begun accumulating AM stuff for this

Looking forward to the Diorama GB. No idea as yet what to build. Maybe something AFV as I might finish it :lol:

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

More
3 years 8 months ago #8 by Hadley
Replied by Hadley on topic Group build progress Sept
I have the little bird ready for paint and still building the Blackhawk, haven't been able to continue dos my cast is still on after I broke my wrist

In the build:
2x Possum Bourne Subaru rally cars DONE
2x Lynx AH-7's DONE
KA-50 Hokum
AH-1W Cobra
AH-6J Little bird

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 years 7 months ago #9 by Craig Sargent
Replied by Craig Sargent on topic Group build progress Sept
Nothing on the go at present.

My Bomber Command GB B-17 is stalled - after realising how much work the Academy B-17 needs, motivation has dried up. Given it's a reasonably long term GB, I'll return to it at a later date.

Got close on the DS GB Jag, but never made it across the finish line and the Harrier missed the deadline too. F-14 GB kit was sold, as it is a type I thought I was enthused about, but was clearly wrong. Sci-Fi GB stalled with the canopy issues and not going to pick it back up again before deadline. Helicopter GB is sitting on the bench, but have not made any progress. 1 in 6 completion ratio at present. Need to up that I guess.

Really waiting for the Vietnam and RNZAF 80th GBs to start in Nov, as have a subject picked for both and aftermarket sorted.

In the meantime, I've found a build I'm actually feeling very passionate about, and, despite the kit being a limited run, multi-media kit, in the space of a week I have 90% of the assembly done, and should be ready for paint next week. This will be my first natural metal finish in a long time and have some new techniques I'm looking forward to trying.

On The Bench
Hasegawa 1/48 OA-4M Skyhawk conversion
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary