NASCAR GB - Discussion, Rules and Entries Thread

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

Poll: Entries for NASCAR GB

Yes, I'm in!
10 100%
Total number of voters: 10 ( Xtr3meNZer, Michaels Models, F1xena, ricksmodelkits, Glenn ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
4 years 7 months ago #31 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic Potential GB - NASCAR
All sounds good. I'm keen for some race car action. Will be nice for a change. Lol, already got builds planned almost throughout the year next year now! :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
4 years 7 months ago #32 by Webby_NZ
With the F1 season wrapping up next month I need something to keep me going over the break.
I started this scale modelling journey with performance cars so happy to dust of the 2k clear and polishing cloths for a race vehicle build, and i wont even have to go shoppping to get my kits (does not mean I wont), but id also be keen to see bikes included, even if limited to race bikes.

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #33 by 1/35th Battalion
Replied by 1/35th Battalion on topic Potential GB - Race, Performance and Custom Cars
HELP NEEDED.
Depending on the overall concept of whatever this GB may turn out to be I have a couple of DTM kits in the stash. Both purchased from a local fellow.
I've just opened them both up and found something missing in each, one which may well be resolved in the near future but the other is proving a little hassle.

This kit;

Attachment 114651-10911.jpg not found

has no instruction sheet. Bother

If any of you good folk out there can help me out in this regard I'd be right chuffed. :lol: ;)
Thanks in advance

D1

On the Bench:
Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI (1993 DTM) - "Built to Race" GB
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shinning in their eyes !
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by 1/35th Battalion.

More
4 years 7 months ago #34 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic Potential GB - Race, Performance and Custom Cars
I've found this one after a little bit of a search around. I am unsure if it will work with yours, but it appears to have been released at the same time, but has different/new parts.

Better than nothing. I can only find a whole heap of RC instruction manuals, not so much your model. Do you have the model type number? is it 24149?

Link for Opel Calibra "Cliff"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1/35th Battalion

• Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 7 months ago #35 by Andrew
It is 24149

I had a look at my go to site for missing instructions www.1999.co.jp/eng last night, the kit is listed as long OOP and they don't have the instructions either dang-nabbit!

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1/35th Battalion

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #36 by 1/35th Battalion
Replied by 1/35th Battalion on topic Potential GB - Race, Performance and Custom Cars
Hey Thanks for your assist here guys. I had found both those links myself along with the same info. I didn't look closely at the CLIFF Calibra though, and have done so now. It looks to be a close enough match that I have saved the assembly instructions from there and will see how closely they connect, so to speak. :P
Still looking for the actual ones though folks, so if anyone can connect me to them, I'd sure be a happy modeller. :lol:

And yes - it is kit No. 24149

D1

On the Bench:
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

More
4 years 7 months ago #37 by Xtr3meNZer
I think unless someone has the kit themselves, or have built it in the past, you may be on struggle street. Good luck mate.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #38 by Terry
I was talking to F1Xena (Tania) on the phone a couple of days ago and she made mention of something that I thought worth repeating. Andrew initially started this group build topic talking about a Nascar group build only. Tania supported the idea and thought it would make a good motivator to build one of her few nascar kits. All good it would seem? Well then people like myself chimed in and said how about a broader topic (because I don't build Nascar) and it's generally been accepted and the topic broadened. The only thing is Tania made the point that the broader topic has undermined her desire (or will or whatever) to build the nascar kit. I liken what has happened if this were an aircraft based topic, to starting off with a F-14 group build and then succumbing to allowing all military jets to be the topic! :P

So has Andrews original Nascar GB idea become watered down? The hooch running good ol' boys wouldn't approve of that! Just throwing this out there for consideration and discussion. So unselfishlly I vote we go with Andrews original suggestion of Nascar. Not all of us can participate, (I choose not to because I've got enough models to build already without buying another!) but I'd say the same about other group builds pending as well. Perhaps another GB topic could emerge for cars?
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Terry.

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #39 by 1/35th Battalion
I'm going to agree with Terry here to a point. Upon consideration of finances and what I already have unbuilt, I won't be doing a Nascar build simply because it will mean I have to get another kit to do so, and have a number of race car kits in the stash already, but no Nascar ones. As Andrew is now running with the WWI GB concept, which I will participate in, I'd be happy to champion a GB along the lines of Purpose Built Race Cars. I would hope that that might encourage Tania and others to get stuck in to building whatever Race-cars they have in their stashes. :P Me included. :whistle:

Any takers for that concept here? :huh:

I'm sure, as Terry has suggested, that another GB to take in other types of vehicles such as Performance Cars and Hot Rods etc; might gather a following of it's own?

David (D1)

On the Bench:

More
4 years 6 months ago #40 by Xtr3meNZer
I'm easy and will go with the flow... Whether it's NASCAR, or all types doesn't bother me. Either way Rick will be getting a purchase as I don't have any in the stash

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 6 months ago #41 by Andrew
I don't want anyone to feel they have to go and purchase a kit just to be able to participate in a GB :blush:

I'm happy to go with the original decision of NASCAR only. I realise this will put some off, but there was enough initial interest in the topic to justify starting a NASCAR GB

I'd be happy to participate in another automotive type GB after that, whether it be Purpose Built Race Cars, or Hot Rods & Customs

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

More
4 years 6 months ago #42 by Xtr3meNZer

Andrew wrote: I don't want anyone to feel they have to go and purchase a kit just to be able to participate in a GB :blush:

I don't have any car kits in the stash, so I would have to either way, but I wouldn't mind honestly. I do think a line up of all Nascar cars would be quite cool looking. I'm honestly quite easy. I've built one Nascar before, and it wasn't too much of a drama... but it was a rebuild. So would be quite fun to do one from scratch

More
4 years 6 months ago #43 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic Potential GB - Race, Performance and Custom Cars
Im hanging out to build my Days of Thunder nascar...in fact it was gonna be next on the bench.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 6 months ago #44 by Andrew

Nosferatu wrote: Im hanging out to build my Days of Thunder nascar...in fact it was gonna be next on the bench.....

I had a Days Of Thunder Nascar kit, Cole Trickle's car B) Another one lost to the abyss :whistle:

More
4 years 6 months ago #45 by Gary
I have a Williams F1 but could probably stretch to buying a Nascar. Would be good if we could find a sponsor for this build, I'll talk to Rick next weekend if he hasn't read this alreadt :whistle:
"Rick's Nascar Challenge" ;)

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• F1xena
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • If only I could build kits at the pace I buy kits!
More
4 years 6 months ago #46 by F1xena
Replied by F1xena on topic Potential GB - NASCAR
I think the thing that appealed to me was a chance to build a type of kit I don't normally build, but I do actually have in my stash. My stash is hugely dominated by cars of all sorts, so a more general "racing cars" or "Street cars" theme doesn't really help me to pick out a kit and build it. Most of my kits are either Formula One, touring-type cars or road cars, and hardly any of them are American kits. As for NASCARs, I think I may have two, so it is easy to decide!

With regard to buying a kit to participate in a GB, I'd be unlikely to do it myself. To me the appeal of a group build is to get me actually building "something" and following along with how others are going doing something similar. I'm not at all interested in a competitive aspect, and a "prize" does not motivate me in the slightest, but then we are all different...that's the great thing about this Forum.

The other great thing is there are a lot of "builders" who post here. That is quite motivating for those of us who seem to be in a permanent battle to find time or motivation to actually complete something!

To finish, I don't mind what the topic of the Automotive group build is, but I would be more likely to be involved in a NASCAR build than any other type :)

More
4 years 6 months ago #47 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic Potential GB - NASCAR
Fair enough and well said.

I don't mind buying a kit... and in this instance I don't care about a prize (was one even mentioned?) I like to join in the group builds to be a part or something. I think it's quite cool to be building along side others, and even if there is that slight edge of competitiveness, it doesn't hamper peoples compliments on anothers build.

More
4 years 6 months ago #48 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Potential GB - NASCAR
Fair enough, happy to stick with whatever format is the most popular.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
4 years 6 months ago #49 by IAN
Replied by IAN on topic Potential GB - NASCAR
Fine by me too.

Ian.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #50 by Gary
End of the day it's not like Andrew will get anything over the finish line anyway :P (says he looking down at his primer'd BoB Hurricane :whistle: )

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Andrew.

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 6 months ago #51 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Potential GB - NASCAR

Gary wrote: End of the day it's not like Andrew will get anything over the finish line anyway :P (says he looking down at his primer'd BoB Hurricane :whistle: )

I thought it was participating that counted? :whistle: :lol:

More
4 years 6 months ago #52 by ricksmodelkits
Replied by ricksmodelkits on topic Potential GB - NASCAR
Hey all, I see my name mentioned (and not in the normal bad way lol).

I don't see any reason why we can't have 2 group builds, NASCAR and a Automotive Racer Challenge and I'd be happy to stick up a prize for both and do whatever else needed.

In saying the above I still think the NASCAR build should be done above anything else as that was the initial starting point but surely we can do 2??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
4 years 6 months ago #53 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic Potential GB - NASCAR
I'm Itchin!! When do we start????? :silly:

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

More
4 years 6 months ago #54 by ricksmodelkits
I'm keen to get started!

If anyone that is going to be at the show next week wants a deal on something then check out my website and let me know so I can bring it with me

More
4 years 6 months ago #55 by Gary
Hey Rick I wasn't necessarily saying you should put up a prize but maybe if you could see your way to putting up a bit of a discount for the GB that might encourage more people to buy and participate, just an idea. ;)

More
4 years 6 months ago #56 by ricksmodelkits

Gary wrote: Hey Rick I wasn't necessarily saying you should put up a prize but maybe if you could see your way to putting up a bit of a discount for the GB that might encourage more people to buy and participate, just an idea. ;)

Yup was planning on doing that, can't give a specific % discount as different kits have different margins so anyone interested in any particular kits just needs to let me know and I can work out a deal

More
4 years 6 months ago #57 by PJNZ
Replied by PJNZ on topic Potential GB - NASCAR

ricksmodelkits wrote: Hey all, I see my name mentioned (and not in the normal bad way lol).

I don't see any reason why we can't have 2 group builds, NASCAR and a Automotive Racer Challenge and I'd be happy to stick up a prize for both and do whatever else needed.

In saying the above I still think the NASCAR build should be done above anything else as that was the initial starting point but surely we can do 2??

If there's an automotive racer challenge I might try to have a go at this baby..

Attachments:

More
4 years 6 months ago #58 by kiwigav
Replied by kiwigav on topic Potential GB - NASCAR
Great Ideas for GB. Whatever pans out, Id been keen for NASCAR or Indy car to build. Long term would be a great idea as it would make it easier to get details parts along the way. :)

Cheers Gavin
File Attachment:

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 6 months ago #59 by Andrew
Poll added, please vote to indicate you're keen to participate :woohoo:

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 6 months ago #60 by Andrew
Just thinking of a start date. I know several are waiting for the green light, so how does December 1st sound for the start?

Gives everyone a few weeks to decide and sort a kit B)

Finish date as per D2, September 18 2016, when the regular season ends for NASCAR? Gives us approx. 10 months build time

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary