Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Gary
Another brain fart. was created by Gary
I know I've not run this past the honchos over at Niche but how about a Niche models build subject so that would be Hasegawa, Tasca etc and maybe Niche could throw out some kind of trophy (a smaller version of the one we got a Cambridge).
It's just an idea to see who would be keen and certainly no pressure on the guys at Niche, you'd still have to buy a Hasegawa, Tasca kit so it's going to help them as well, feel free to say no Craig/Steve it's all ok.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Craig Sargent
Replied by Craig Sargent on topic Another brain fart.
Always keen to support the site, and a GB could be a good idea, but it would be a case of finding a suitable subject/theme/kit/series and then organising kits to build - perhaps at a reduced rate for GB members?

We have done similar with some retailers in the past, but it is usually something along the lines of A series aircraft kits or Eggplanes, or MT series 1/72 armour. Given that there are a lot of 1/35 armour modellers on this site, and Hasegawa doesn't do 1/35 armour, would mkae it tricky. We can't do the Tasca or Ebbro kits as we have limited stock due to demand.

On The Bench
Hasegawa 1/48 OA-4M Skyhawk conversion
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Another brain fart.
I'd be keen to join in an eggplane GB B)

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Another brain fart.
Wasn't expecting you guys to provide the goodies mate, was intending people to buy kits from their local hobby shops, use things from their stash etc, I've got some Tasca and Hasegawa kits myself so I'm sure others will have to.
It provides visibility for you guys and the products you import plus it might help the model shops etc. Anyone could join in from anywhere, and all we do is ship them a wee prize or token.
Yeah didn't mean to put you guys on the spot as I said it's just a brain fart and I don't want you out of pocket, I'm just throwing ideas out there and hoping to get some feedback.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Gary.

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Craig Sargent
Replied by Craig Sargent on topic Another brain fart.
My thinking was along these lines.

Members select/vote on something from the Hasegawa range we have plenty of stock of, you take an order for all those wanting to join in, we provide it at a very good price, well below retail, you could even add a little margin to the kit help with site costs or prizes - a way we can help KiwiModeller at the same time (I doubt anyone would begrudge you that and kits would still be well below retail price), once everyone has had sufficient time to receive their kits, the build starts.

Some suggestions to consider:
A series 1/72 aircraft
B series 1/72 aircraft
C series 1/72 aircraft
MT series 1/72 armour
Eggplanes series (including the new tool F-22 and Su-35)
1/700 ships (we have a truckload of U-boats)

While the suggested subjects are all small or no scale, it would get everyone outside their usual comfort zones, be quick and easy to build subjects (could make it a 2 or 3 month GB), and would be fun.

On The Bench
Hasegawa 1/48 OA-4M Skyhawk conversion
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Another brain fart.
Eggplanes would be a bit of fun - something different! Havent done any 1/72 for a few years - either way I'm in!

Spec Ops Scout.....what we do in the Shadows

On the Work Bench:
1/72 FM Millenium Falcon
1/24 Studio Scale X-Wing

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #7 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic Another brain fart.
I agree with the eggplanes idea, plus they are usually pretty cheap anyway... As there is quite a selection of eggplanes to choose from there should be something available that might suit everyone's tastes.

- Gaz

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8 by Gary
Wasn't a fan of the egg planes but after seeing some of them I kind of like them, if this takes off (pun intended) I'll be in for a Jug or a Harrier.

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #9 by Webby_NZ
Replied by Webby_NZ on topic Another brain fart.
I love the lil eggplanes. Got one as a 'slup buster' after a couple of auot builds ended up back in their boxes incomplete.
My 1st Eggplane
They are small and simple which means you can say 'i finished a build' and its amazing what that will do for ya motivation levels.
They also make a good talking point in the display cabinet.

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #10 by Hadley
Replied by Hadley on topic Another brain fart.
Was at Hobby city recently and saw quite a few of those eggplanes.
Have seen hughes 300 and hughes 500 eggplanes on ebay too i think
Would be interested (depending on price) in getting some anyway if someone knows where to get them from
Cheers

In the build:
2x Possum Bourne Subaru rally cars DONE
2x Lynx AH-7's DONE
KA-50 Hokum
AH-1W Cobra
AH-6J Little bird

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #11 by Webby_NZ
Replied by Webby_NZ on topic Another brain fart.

Hadley wrote: Would be interested (depending on price) in getting some anyway if someone knows where to get them from
Cheers

I kno modelcrafts and hobbies in Wellington carry them, or you can get them from oversea's for a bit less if you dont mind the extra hassle of that.

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #12 by Gary
We seem to be getting some interest in this, don't rush out and get anything yet, if we go ahead with this I'll flesh something out with Craig and co and let you all know where to get them from.

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #13 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Another brain fart.
Eggcellent news G1! :silly:

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary