Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Monogram 1/48 OS2U Kingfisher ...?

Monogram 1/48 OS2U Kingfisher ...? 6 years 6 months ago #1

• Wally
  • Wally's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Wally
  • Thank you received: 360
Earlier this year I wacked together this Monogram Kingfisher scored off trademe ages ago, which has sat in the stash for yonks. Despite it still being the only game in town (recently re-released by Revell) this 1976 (I think?) moulding must surely qualify as a Crappy Kit? It comes in about 5 parts, the float & bombsight moulded to the fuselage, with a wing assembly (2 of the 5 parts) that slides right through the whole thing. The one piece cockpit bucket is surprisingly detailed really, with moulded seat belts and includes a plain paper instrument panel fitted in halves. Thank goodness for a couple of steps/handles, prop counterweight and the open canopy option or the thing would look pretty sparse. I added some copper wire ignition harness to the one piece motor (and that makes 5!) Biggest bugbear is raised panel lines. I rescued the Donald Duck tail-art from the kit decals which were shot to hell. All the others are from spares.

I want to make an RAAF one but not until I master panel line scribing. [Kingfisher would be another big seller I reckon if some manufacturer completely re-did it. Great 1/32nd project too maybe?].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My preference - WW2 RNZAF & Pacific Theatre, Allied & Axis, ETO, Mediterranean, AFV & figures
I enjoy doing research
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary