• Page:

TOPIC: Wingnut Wings on sale at Weta Workshop

Wingnut Wings on sale at Weta Workshop 3 weeks 1 day ago #1

• Marcus.Q1000859
  • Marcus.Q1000859's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Is there is this black Friday sales thing going on, Weta Wirkshops is discounting Wingnut kits by 20 percent this weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I started building models, then I was collecting more than I built. Now I'm more of an archivist.

Wingnut Wings on sale at Weta Workshop 2 weeks 4 days ago #2

• Phil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Gave in to temptation - Camel BR 1 on the way!

Wingnut Wings on sale at Weta Workshop 1 week 3 days ago #3

• Phil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Well Weta workshop are a bit crap.

Ordered the kit last Monday, got a shipping notice Tuesday, stating NZ Courier overnight to Palmerston North.

On Friday no model, sent an email asking for an update since their shipping notice had 'Track shipment' link that lead to a US website that needed a tracking number and none had been supplied.

No reply.

Followed this up yesterday (Tuesday), got a reply saying the kit was out of stock and the order couldn't be filled. WTF? They charged me and sent me a shipping notice for an order that couldn't be filled? Strange.

Cancelled order, apparently refunded, I'll be watching my card balance to check the funds show up.

Wingnut Wings on sale at Weta Workshop 1 week 1 day ago #4

• Flying_Kiwi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 166
that is f-cking outrageous!!!

I've had a few issues with some of the UK stores on eBay, I had a KC-130 and an Osprey never turn up from More4Little and BuySend respectively

BuySend were good refunded immediately, More4Little needed alot of chasing, BuySend said it had sent the item but offered no proof of this and refunded. More4little eventually said they didn't have the item in stock and EVENTUALLY sent the refund, we are talking 2-3 months I complained to More4Little and Trademe as after they told me they had no stock, there it was the same model advertised on TM again. I got them to take the Ad down.

They are Cheap, and free shipping is a draw card but man you roll the dice. does it arrive... or not?

Most pilots last words are "Watch this"

Wingnut Wings on sale at Weta Workshop 1 week 1 day ago #5

• Phil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I expected no great hassle since it only had to come from Wellington to Palmy. I might see whether ordering direct from Wingnut, or ordering from MA is cheaper (I think they are pretty much the same), and get a Camel from one of them instead. Probably have to wait until after Christmas now though, too many other things competing for my funds over the coming weeks.

Wingnut Wings on sale at Weta Workshop 1 week 1 day ago #6

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 169
I would be writing their boss a nice email about it.. No justification charging and allegedly shipping stock you don't have, consumer standards would NOT be happy. Only excuse would be damaged/lost stock after shipping, and even then you need to compensate the customer for the inconvenience.

• Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary