TOPIC: Revell 1/72 TYPE VII C/41 Platinum Edition

Revell 1/72 TYPE VII C/41 Platinum Edition 3 months 1 week ago #1

• Woadism
  • Woadism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Another question for the KM irregulars:

This popped up (maybe in my Facebook feed? I forget): www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/t...1-submarine-out-now/

I've always been keen on the Revell 1/72nd range of u-boats - and this release seems like a good time to bite. Discussion points - is the additional brass worth the expense, or would I be better off with the original kit, and grabbing additional dedicated after market? And what's the most cost-effective way to get it onto our shores? (I'm typically the waits-for-a-$2-shipping-deal-at-LuckyModels type).

Hamish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Revell 1/72 TYPE VII C/41 Platinum Edition 3 months 1 week ago #2

• Nosferatu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 527
Damn!! That thing looks good! I dont mind all in one kits...depends on if you wanna go hunting around for all the aftermarket and how good your references are and how "Correct" you want to be. Personally when I build I work to "My interpretation" So I may model a specific boat but Im not going to spend years researching it to make sure its 100% accurate...After all that waffle I would go for the premium kit for ease of use! At the right price!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woadism

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

Revell 1/72 TYPE VII C/41 Platinum Edition 3 months 1 week ago #3

• Woadism
  • Woadism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26

Nosferatu wrote: Damn!! That thing looks good! I dont mind all in one kits...depends on if you wanna go hunting around for all the aftermarket and how good your references are and how "Correct" you want to be. Personally when I build I work to "My interpretation" So I may model a specific boat but Im not going to spend years researching it to make sure its 100% accurate...After all that waffle I would go for the premium kit for ease of use! At the right price!

It has definitely grabbed my attention! Now I just need to work out the best way to get it without taking out a mortgage...

• Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary