Hey folks, I think I've found the perfect solution for photo sharing. I'm about to purchase the license for the software, basically it will look and feel very similar to Photobucket but it will be hosted here on a subsite. I want to limit the photos to models and modelling related photos only (no not the naked lady type of models )
You can link the photos and embed them exactly as you used to be able to with Photobucket and I'm happy for you to use the links on other sites.
At present the hosting shouldn't be an issue but as the number of photos increase I may have to move it on to another platform which could increase the monthly cost of the servers that run this site. I think $10 per year would be enough to cover the costs as long as the uptake was enough, it will be free for the foreseeable future (but feel free to make donations from the link above) but I thought I'd gauge everyone's opinion on this, especially given the nature of the Photobucket blow up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viperbuilder, 1/35th Battalion, yak, johnsnz, grover
I am going to abstain from the vote. I am happy just uploading photos to here from my computer. I have not used my photobucket account for a couple of years and no longer see a need for me to use a photo sharing site, so it does not effect me.
Either or its no issue, it's only if you are going to share your photos on other sites and you don't want to link them to your threads.
Feel free to take a look here's the link Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it. it's hidden from non registered members.
The only stipulations are:
Please register with your KM usernames (just so I know who you are) non members will be removed, it's for KM members only.
Please stick to modelling related photos.
Try not to do loads of testing, it works, you don't need to as it just uses bandwidth
I'll also be looking for some admins over the coming days.
I've also got to change the logos to fit the main site, so don't stress.
I don't mind, Reon's donation for selling kits paid for 1/3 of the license cost and from what I've seen of it, it's worth every cent. I've added 330 photos so far myself and will be adding a lot more from my build collections.
It's handy because I can link a whole album.
Thanks mate, it's purely optional at present there is no need to pay to use the system and I don't at present see that there will be unless we get an influx of new members that want to use it and we end up chewing through Terabytes of data and bandwidth.
The site browses real nice on my Galaxy S7, you can kind of link them. Just click the upload button and select the source, use Gallery or Camera at least that's how it is on my Android, can't speak for IOS phones.
To be honest I've not actually thought about how to do that. I created loads of albums and I'm not done yet lol, if I work it out I'll let you know.
My pleasure and thanks for the donation mate, every bit helps.
Updated to a new version today.
- Added upload plugin
- Added option to enable/disable content deletion for users
- Added permission check for session.save_path
- Added check for server time zone errors
- Added /upload route
- Improved JS load performance (no render blocking)
- Improved passwords maximum length to 128 chars (OWASP recommendation)
- Improved queue listing (conflicting margins)
- Improved “mixed” file naming algorithm + increased random chars from 5 to 16
- Improved uploader display texts according to target device
- Improved tob-bar for mobile devices
- Improved pop-menu behavior
- Improved dashboard view (mobile)
- Improved file naming (replaces spaces with dash)
- Improved language handling (ISO format)
- Patched XSS exploit (undisclosed)
- Fixed bug in listing scroll conflicting with touch devices
- Fixed bug in album listing (extra “/”)
- Fixed bug in wrong notifications (updates)
- Fixed bug in false positive exception at CHV\Lock class
- Fixed bug in auto image resize (images passing this restriction)
- Fixed bug in listing tabs under /user when not using username routing
- Fixed bug in explore listings and not showing own NSFW content
- Fixed bug in anywhere upload cancel queue function (exception)
- Fixed bug in anywhere upload embed codes and cancel function (duplicated lines)
- Fixed bug in pop-boxes (window cutoff)
- Fixed bug in explore listing when disabling “likes” feature
- Fixed bug in mobile menu icons
- Updated Czech, Dutch, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian and Spanish translations
As a temporary fix for Photobucket while slowpokes like me get things moved over, heres an Chrome extension that fixes the broken Photobucket links and makes them visible again. Been really useful for other forums when looking around at builds for inspiration