Forum template change

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
More
3 years 9 months ago #31 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Forum template change
Looks fine to me. Every piece forum software has it's idiosyncrasies I'm sure I'll get used to this one quickly enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
3 years 9 months ago #32 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Forum template change
Yeah, not so good when a change is forced after several years, but what can you (or G1) do?

It is no different to when social media, or even other programmes (think microsoft office) change their layout etc

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

More
3 years 9 months ago #33 by Powder
Replied by Powder on topic Forum template change
It's an improvement on rec.models.scale so I'm happy.:)

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 9 months ago #34 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Forum template change
I've made some minor CSS modifications which should make it more usable. I've tested it on different platforms and different browsers (with the exception of Opera browsers) and it's been really good.
There's a heap of smart features built in to the new template and I know it won't please everyone but definitely makes my life easier.
I know everyone hates change but I won't in an industry where change is the way forward. Please be patient and post constructive suggestions, posts like "it's crap" and "I don't like it, it's different" aren't constructive and are just a kick in the nuts for me.
Once there are some new templates available I'll see what I can do, I've already had to get PayPal involved for a refund on the last template I tried to get.........

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
3 years 9 months ago #35 by Glenn
Replied by Glenn on topic Forum template change
Hey it works well,so its all good

More
3 years 9 months ago #36 by Fooesboy
Replied by Fooesboy on topic Forum template change

Gary wrote: posts like "it's crap" and "I don't like it, it's different" aren't constructive and are just a kick in the nuts for me.
quote]

Sounds like fun... can I join in? :P

Especially as the cuddles didn't work after all... :whistle:

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #37 by Gary
Shut up Chris you're not helping :P

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Gary.

More
3 years 8 months ago #38 by Eagle
Replied by Eagle on topic Forum template change
Are there user controls for this template reason being is that my thread Accurate Armour ----Oshkosh HET is running backwards and the end is out of order. Also the buttons to access the pages such as 1,2 end, do not work .

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #39 by Gary
Not that I'm aware of, and I believe this is local to you. Your thread looks great and the posts are all in order plus the buttons work fine (except your thread doesn't have a second page).
I've not changed anything and I've not done any upgrades. so I'm fairly certain it's a browser issue.
I'm using Chrome but I also use IE and Edge on Windows 10 (also looks fine on my Android phone).

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Gary.

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary