Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago #1 by Gary
New model Blog function was created by Gary
The Build Log section of the site is up and running and I've just started a new log on something I'm building, it's easier to include images than the forums, I'll keep an eye out for ways to integrate it in to the forums. Feel free to create new blogs for your builds and share the links, it's like having your own Wordpress site to add all your builds to, use it or not there's not pressure :)

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwimav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #2 by Fritz
Replied by Fritz on topic New model Blog function
Cool, looks good. I will try give it a go on a new build. Really got to get off my backside and post some more WIP pics.

In Progress:
Tamiya 1/48 F-117A
Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4K
www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php/forum/38-...zaf-1-48-ta-4k-build

Completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago #3 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New model Blog function
Don't forget folks anyone that's registered here can use it to blog about their builds and the best thing is it bolts straight in to the normal social media tools like Facebook etc. I've posted my build to our Facebook page if you want to see it in action. It's very easy to use and you can drag and drop pictures from your desktop.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #4 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New model Blog function
Nice work Craig, is that something you're building then? I'll have to keep an eye on that one. Folks you can subscribe to the blogs by clicking subscribe on anything that you want to follow, you'll then get notifications of updates etc. On another note, when you write your blogs which I'm assuming by the nice looking one Craig did is simple to use if you could just click on the "Read More" button at the bottom of the box (see picture below) after the first paragraph that will keep the front page all neat and tidy. It's not a biggy I'll just edit your page and change it if you forget, it's not something you have to do every time you do an update just for the very first post of each build.

I'm keen to get your feedback on this new tool, so if you do use it just let me know your thoughts. I've already asked the developers for some integration in to these forums so hopefully the blog entries will also create new forum topics, but this could be some way off yet.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Gary.

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #5 by Craig Sargent
Replied by Craig Sargent on topic New model Blog function
Didn't seem too hard to figure out. I did it on the way out the door this morning just before heading out to take the youngest to the Muppet movie, so sort of just threw it together with a view to refining it as I went. And yes, something I'm working on at present - one of the many projects I'm hoping to progress some. Should get a few updates reasonably quickly on this as school holidays are giving me a little time at the bench.

Perhaps pin a tutorial or tips 'n' tricks post for getting the most out of the blog?

On The Bench
Eduard/Hasegawa 1/72 Liberator GR.V
Tamiya 1/48 Martlet IV conversion
Eduard 1/48 F-4J Phantom
Hasegawa 1/48 TAV-8B Harrier conversion
Trumpeter 1/32 A-10A Thunderbolt

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary