• Kiwimav
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No time to spare..too busy!!!
More
6 years 8 months ago #31 by Kiwimav
Replied by Kiwimav on topic Changes
Wow, thats impressive.
Can we have the menu links added to the bottom of the page too, would make for easier browsing...just a thought

Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #32 by 1/35th Battalion
Replied by 1/35th Battalion on topic Changes
WOW, that is impressive. Kinda nice to know it's not just us . . .
And a good idea there too Kiwi-Mav

D1

On the Bench:
Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI (1993 DTM) - "Built to Race" GB
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shinning in their eyes !

• Dangermouse84
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #33 by Dangermouse84
Replied by Dangermouse84 on topic Changes
Hey Gary,
Looking good mate. I am still on safari and everything looks awesome through here. Yeh, I am back again lol.

Slow is steady, steady is fast

• Kiwimav
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #34 by Kiwimav
Where is the link to "follow as you build"?

site is great by the way

d2

Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #35 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Changes
What link to "follow as you build"?

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
6 years 8 months ago #36 by Rangi01
Replied by Rangi01 on topic Changes
Hey Gary, thanks for all the work on the site, it's looking bloody good and I know these things don't just fall together without a lot of work and effort.

If I may make one request, I often browse the site on a smart phone but with the new layout I have to keep scrolling left and right to see all the text at a size I can read. Is it possible to have a version for the smaller screens or is it too much work?

Thanks again for keeping this site up and running and looking so good.

Shane

The problem witn money is, most of it belongs to people that aren't me!

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #37 by Gary
I can look at the options but I don't think it would be possible really, there's a lot of information here and you can't really shrink down and still see it all without scrolling around. I just turn my phone round to get it wider, zoom in and out to read.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
6 years 8 months ago #38 by Fritz
Replied by Fritz on topic Changes
Sites looking really good Gary. Liking the new menus at the top. I was just curious, with the photo gallery, would it be a hard thing to put all the photo's of peoples finished models in that picture gallery? (I hope my question makes sense)

In Progress:
Tamiya 1/48 F-117A
Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4K
www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php/forum/38-...zaf-1-48-ta-4k-build

Completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #39 by 1/35th Battalion
I preferred the login how it had been on this new look site :(

On the Bench:
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #40 by Gary
That module was for the forum only, this module allows me to use it all over the site.

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #41 by 1/35th Battalion
Yussum mastuh . . . :P

On the Bench:

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #42 by Gary
So what's everyone's views of the ongoing changes ?

What's new.
The overal layout and theme of the site
The shopping system has been totally replaced and updated, I've still got a lot of the Master Model parts to add, all of the Baracuda and RB Productions items but it's getting there. I'll update the stock levels and open the doors soon.
Also included a rotating banner system for our friends, supporters and sponsors, if you want to become a sponsor or advertiser read this www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php?option=co...&view=article&id=148

Other changes
I've "outsourced" the Group Builds to Andrew, D1 and G2 this lets me get on with other things

Ongoing Projects
I'm currently working on a Model Kit inventory system, I want to do a system similar to another well known site that lists all of the model kits available and lets you build up your own virtual stash so people can see who's got what.
I also need to replace the Login module, I had to remove the one I put up recently because it was part of another system that I've since removed.

Thoughts and ideas welcome

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
6 years 8 months ago #43 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic Changes
When I logged on this morning I saw the new look and loved it. I like the rotating banner as a good way of supporting those who support us.
Looking forward to the new shop too.
The model kit inventory system sounds fantastic and could be a good way for everyone (who contributes anyway) to help each other out with parts, decals etc.
One small suggestion that could be looked at once we have more suppliers/retailers onboard, is to have a supplier/retailer forum for them to announce new items, sales etc.

Overall though, I love the way it's heading. Getting better and better every day G1!

- Gaz

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

More
6 years 8 months ago #44 by eyepaule
Replied by eyepaule on topic Changes
Like it Gary!

More
6 years 8 months ago #45 by Glenn
Replied by Glenn on topic Changes
Looks really good Gary,nice and clean,and now I get the KM header on the page,wahoo :cheer:

More
6 years 8 months ago #46 by Viperbuilder
Replied by Viperbuilder on topic Changes
Count me in as liking it too thanks Gary. Something looks very recognisable to me there. :)

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 Tiger Moth

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #47 by Gary
Well a sizeable donation was made and you've supported me personally at Armistice so it's the least I can do :)

• Kiwimav
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #48 by Kiwimav
Site is great boss...easy to get around too
Nice to see the logo brite n bold

d2

Update In Stash:

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #49 by Gary
By popular demand I've added some Social buttons, I've added the ones I consider most used there are others I could include like Linked In etc but thought I'd keep it to a minimum.

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
6 years 8 months ago #50 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Changes

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #51 by Gary
The recent changes have all been paid for by the kind donations of our members. All of these changes are like iPhone or Android Apps, this site is modular like that. So for instance the social icons cost $5 the auction software was $40, the rotating banner module at the top was $10 etc etc. Most of the modules I use are free, like this forum system they just require you to leave their logos or copyright info on them. I always test the applications before I pay for them but it's not always possible to test it fully on the site. So somethings have bugs that I need to fix, it's one of the reasons I get arsy when no-one uses something or moans about it especially if they've not contributed. Anyhooo I thought I'd give a brief explanation as to where the donations have been going and to say thanks again to those who donate either time or money to the furtherment of the community.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 1/35th Battalion, Kiwimav

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #52 by 1/35th Battalion

Gary wrote: The recent changes have all been paid for by the kind donations of our members. All of these changes are like iPhone or Android Apps, this site is modular like that. So for instance the social icons cost $5 the auction software was $40, the rotating banner module at the top was $10 etc etc. Most of the modules I use are free, like this forum system they just require you to leave their logos or copyright info on them. I always test the applications before I pay for them but it's not always possible to test it fully on the site. So somethings have bugs that I need to fix, it's one of the reasons I get arsy when no-one uses something or moans about it especially if they've not contributed. Anyhooo I thought I'd give a brief explanation as to where the donations have been going and to say thanks again to those who donate either time or money to the furtherment of the community.

Thanks for all the effort you put in to having this site available for us modellers down here in Kiwi land G1
It is Appreciated :woohoo:
And those Social Site links will be well used I suspect :cheer:

D1

On the Bench:

More
6 years 8 months ago #53 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic Changes
Nice work Gary! Its awesome having a local site like this!!If there is a need for money to do site stuff just rattle the can mate...I'll chuck some dollars in it!

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
6 years 8 months ago #54 by Webby_NZ
Replied by Webby_NZ on topic Changes
Any chance of a google+ link :)

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #55 by Gary
Actually you can already, if you click on Share This and then go to More and select Google + from there, it's a bit more effort but it gets there.

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Gary.

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary