New Template

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #31 by Davidrnz
Replied by Davidrnz on topic Re: New Template
Gary,

The website looks fine on the Ipad (except for adding emoticons), but looks weird on the desktop machine (Vista / IE 8 ). Time to upgrade to IE 9?

Cheers,

David
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Davidrnz. Reason: Ipad!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #32 by Davidrnz
Replied by Davidrnz on topic Re: New Template
Gary,

In IE 8 the left hand menu was filling the full width of the window, everything else was "scrunched" into a thin strip on the the right. I've never seen this before on this site and hadn't changed any of the IE or computer settings...

I've just updated to IE 9 and it seemed to solve the problem (typing this in the updated version). Maybe there is an IE 8 compatibility problem with the updated version of the website?.

As I said previously, everything seems OK on the Ipad, but inserting smileys is a challenge! Its much easier on a "real" computer! ;)

Generally, the revised menus seem easier to read on either platform.

Cheers,

David
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Davidrnz. Reason: Fat fingers

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #33 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Re: New Template
Don't know about that Dave, I've now tested it with IE8, IE7, Firefox 3.6, Chrome and IE9 they all look the same and seem to work fine, also tested it on differing Operating systems (it helps having a rack full of servers in the basement).

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary