Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1 by Gary
Site Outage today was created by Gary
Sorry about the brief outage today, it was beyond my control and down to the hosting company. Some wannabee "hacker" managed to change the default page on the folders so I had to copy the backed up file back, only took about 5 minutes to fix all the sites once I worked out what they'd done. There was no actual intrusion and thankfully no malicious code injected so your data/email addresses weren't compromised. I've put a ticked in to the hosting company to find the culprits and inject them with something more painful, if it happens again can someone who knows me give me a call on the Cell (not in the middle of the night though ;) )
Cheers
Gaz

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dean
  • I must do less research, I must do less research
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by Dean
Replied by Dean on topic Re: Site Outage today
What kind of site fixer upper person won't get out of bed at 3am just to fix things so I can post something while it fleetingly shoots through my wee brain ?

My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Re: Site Outage today
Probably the same type that has to wait for his wife to come home and fix it. :-) :p
I'm annoyed as I really can't see the mentality behind this kind of shit, if they are bored then maybe they should go find another camel to fcuk. :angry:

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• McCoy
  • Manager
  • Manager
  • 1:72 is the way to fly...
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by McCoy
Replied by McCoy on topic Re: Site Outage today
Cut their goulies off! That's the only thing that helps...

At my chaotic desk:

Airfix: Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 1:72
Heller: FW 190 A-5 1:24
Revell: F-104C Starfighter 1:72
AZ Model: TP-81 Grumman Goose 1:72
Tasca: Sherman Firefly Vc 1:35
DML: Panther D 1:35
Tamiya: Char B1 Bis 1:35
Tamiya: Cromwell Mk.IV 1:35
Tamiya: Sherman M4 Early 1:35

As I build slowly...

• Dean
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by Dean

Gary wrote: Probably the same type that has to wait for his wife to come home and fix it. :-) :p

Yeah but those sort usually get a coffee, banana cake and a foot rub to calm their furrowed little brows to make up for their suffering.

I'm annoyed as I really can't see the mentality behind this kind of shit, if they are bored then maybe they should go find another camel to fcuk. :angry:

Some people just don't have developed brains. Actually I believe it's 99% of the population but then I could just be old and grumpy.

My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Re: Site Outage today
Yeah, I could think of several things that would give me a greater sense of well-being than sending some virus or the like through the net to someone :evil:

Break the rats fingers. See how fast he can type using a stick in his mouth...

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

More
8 years 10 months ago #7 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic Re: Site Outage today
Its beyond me why people bother. It achieves nothing, though it does perhaps reveal who has the biggest dick..... on their head

Amateur plastic surgeon!

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #8 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Re: Site Outage today
Cover their hands in dog poop and then break their fingers with a hammer, works for me.
In some respects it was better that it was everyone at the hosting company, they are one of the biggest hosts and they are quick to react, also means I don't have to change anything as it wasn't at a site level.

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Gary.

• Dean
More
8 years 10 months ago #9 by Dean

Gary wrote: Cover their hands in dog poop and then break their fingers with a hammer, works for me.
In some respects it was better that it was everyone at the hosting company, they are one of the biggest hosts and they are quick to react, also means I don't have to change anything as it wasn't at a site level.

Man, you guys keep your pitchforks sharp and your torches lit.

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary