Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #1 by Gary
HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap was created by Gary
If you see a 1/32 HobbyBoss B-24D Liberator going cheap in the Waikato please let me know.
Mine was apparantly delivered on Wednesday 10:59 according to the Courier Tracking but the cameras show no one entering or leaving for a few hours either side of this.

I've now got to somehow prove that I didn't delete the video and that the parcel wasn't actually delivered to my home in Te Awamutu. So if someone offers you one cheap on Facebook or Trademe let me know, I doubt there are that many in the country doing the rounds at the moment.

I've got NZ post doing an investigation.

Sucks as it was my Christmas present from the missus.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #2 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
Well thats a bit shit mate!! I hope it shows up!

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #3 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
Yeah me to, I've put this out to a couple of FB groups including ours, I'll also be watching people's builds etc as it's a fairly special subject with not too many being built.
I'm trying to make it as hard as I can for it to be offloaded to any of the regular modellers who frequent this site and Facebook.
Also hoping to get the serial number of the kit to aid in identification.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 2 months ago #4 by shaunfletcher
Replied by shaunfletcher on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
Don't take your foot off their necks till they prove where they delivered it etc, cos 90% it went to the wrong house or something.

Of course if one shows up on an ad will let you know.

Good luck.

More
1 year 2 months ago #5 by Viperbuilder
Replied by Viperbuilder on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
According to NZ Post, its GPS devices are not accurate enough to distinguish a particular house that a parcel is delivered to. It could be one of the houses either side of you or the ones across the road. I would check with your neighbours.

This bit of your post tickled my fancy:
"Sucks as it was my Christmas present from the missus."

Kind of reminds me of the blokes that buy accessories for their cars and give them to their missus for a birthday or Xmas present.

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 Tiger Moth

More
1 year 2 months ago #6 by Admoto
Replied by Admoto on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
NZ Post / Courier. Courier Post vehicles definitely have GPS. I would be asking where the vehicle was at 10.59 am on Wednesday. The GPS should be reasonably accurate. I had a very valuable parcel delivered Thursday by Courier Post sent Signature required. It was left in the letter box. Lucky we got it. They don't seem to be interested. Anyone I know who has got anywhere with them has had to keep the pressure on. Demand evidence of where the vehicle was at 10.59 am. They know. Good luck.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #7 by Gary
We always buy our own stuff, there's no point in spending big only to get something that is "yeah thats nice, erm it's just want I needed..... Wow a left handed spanner....." We decided a long time ago, I just buy stuff, she wraps it and I until recently feigned suprise and glee in front of the kids lol

More
1 year 2 months ago #8 by azzaob
Replied by azzaob on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
Hi Gary, bad news mate, I hope I am not telling you how to suck eggs, but have you asked neighbours? I have had kits delivered up to three houses away, but NZ Post GPS alleged it was delivered to mine, it wasn't. Sorry to hear regardless.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss...

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 2 months ago #9 by shaunfletcher
Replied by shaunfletcher on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
Yeah funny when these companies say that stuff, I write software that connects into their systems directly, and I've had a rep from CourierPost tell me it doesn't do things I'm watching it do on screen as he was talking. Its not even close to true but they will go a long way to avoid responsibility.

More
1 year 2 months ago #10 by IAN
Replied by IAN on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
Sorry to read this, friend, very rare in my experience of NZ Post.

Ian.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
1 year 3 months ago #11 by grover
Replied by grover on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
We had a bad courier driver for a period who delivered some of the wife's perfume to the neighbours that we never got back. Hope it turns up mate.

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

More
1 year 2 months ago #12 by yak
Replied by yak on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
Dam that sucks!! I have only ever lost one parcel, We pushed them hard about whether it was even delivered to the right house turns out it was just the young girl next door wanted it more than my wife apparently. Hopefully it will be sorted without to much fuss.

Rob

No model left behind even if it screams all the way to the display shelf!

Currently hacking away at:
1/24 Tamiya Mazda RX-7 S4
1/25 Revell Datsun 720 Kingcab Rebuild
1/24 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR race car
1/24 Fujimi Nissan S14 Silvia (early)
1/24 Fujimi Autech S14 Silvia (late)

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #13 by Gary
Thanks guys, yeah I went and quizzed all the neighbours (I looked strange walking up their driveways with a towel and a bottle of water....... :evil: )

More
1 year 2 months ago #14 by Fritz
Replied by Fritz on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
Really sad to hear about this Gary. I hope you can get some sort of justice for it going missing.

In Progress:
Tamiya 1/48 F-117A
Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4K
www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php/forum/38-...zaf-1-48-ta-4k-build

Completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M

More
1 year 2 months ago #15 by Viperbuilder

Gary wrote: Thanks guys, yeah I went and quizzed all the neighbours (I looked strange walking up their driveways with a towel and a bottle of water....... :evil: )

A baseball bat may have had more of an impact.:woohoo:

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 Tiger Moth

More
1 year 2 months ago #16 by Old-timer
Replied by Old-timer on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
I have often wondered if Couriers are illiterate all my deliveries are clearly marked to "leave on covered deck" & "access down driveway"the last four deliveries have only made it to the bottom of the stairs on the driveway 2 of them in the rain before that one was left on the front porch in clear view from the road(also in the rain)another was quite obviously thrown sort of in the direction of our letter box.You really do have my sympathies I hope you recover the B-24.........OT

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #17 by Gary
I finally got this resolved, as suspected it wasn't the couriers but the seller on Ebay. Not sure if his account had been hacked or he just got greedy, his reputation was in the high 3 hundreds and 99% positive so no reason to suspect anything fowl.
What he was doing is sending small random items to business addresses in the same towns as people buying the Liberators, he would then use the tracking number and say it was for the big items being purchased, i.e. the B-24's.
Courier companies would say the item had been delivered as agreed by the contract and Ebay were saying the same thing, the courier companies weren't allowed to tell me what the item was or where the item was delivered. Eventually I got them to agree that the item wasn't 3.2KG and 700mm long but was in fact a packet (apparantly they photograph all parcels which is worth bearing in mind). NZ Post eventually agreed to write a letter saying that the parcel delivered wasn't to my address but was sent to the correct address according to the tracking number.
Long Story short Ebay coffed up the full amount and closed the seller down.
After building the last Liberator I was contacted by the HobbyBoss distributor in Australia who wanted to use my photos for their marketing of the kit. Of course I said yes and said they would try to get a free D from HobbyBoss. Unfortunately HobbyBoss didn't come to the table but HTDirect said they would let me have one at cost, which is about $100 cheaper than buying one off the shelf, shipping was only $10 so I couldn't say no.
At this point I'd already bought the one off Ebay as it was even cheaper than cost which concerned me, but as it was coming from China I just thought meh they get some special deal locally.
I needed another one for a project so bought it full price from HTD which was about $300 NZ including shipping, when I told HTD that I had been scammed they were fantastic and refunded me the difference between full price and cost.
I can't say enough good things about this bunch and how it restores my faith in people and the modelling industry in general.
Hobby Headquarters ( www.facebook.com/the.hobby.headquarters ) aka HTDirect ( www.facebook.com/HTDirect.com.au/ )

Busy times ahead.

Attachments:

More
1 year 2 months ago #18 by Viperbuilder
I'm glad this worked out well for you in the end. I have been reading on a number of forums that Chinese sellers on ebay have been scamming people by offering desirable kits at prices too good to be true. What the scammers are doing is sending small stuffed toys and the like instead of the kits to make it look like the goods have been sent for ebay and postal services purposes. Several of my friends have been done like this. ebay coughs up in the end thankfully.

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 Tiger Moth

More
1 year 2 months ago #19 by Grant
Replied by Grant on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
That's a great result from Hobby headquarters. There are some serious hours in those kits. :cheer:

More
1 year 2 months ago #20 by dcrfan
Replied by dcrfan on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
Outstanding outcome and great detective work.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
1 year 2 months ago #21 by grover
Replied by grover on topic HobbyBoss B-24 D going cheap
That's great news G, and a good warning. Look forward to the builds.

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary