New Years resolutions or a complete lack there of

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Terry
  • Terry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #1 by Terry
Most years someone will ask me if I have any new years resolutions, (was asked this a few days back) and my answer has always been no, I'm not into making new years resolutions. They sound good on the surface, but typically a resolution is based on what I think I should be doing, rather than what I really want to be doing. :whistle:
But despite being a new years agnostic, my mind does wander....

Can I not buy a model this coming year? :dry: :lol:

I'm pretty confident Tameo is not going release any of Chris Amon's Matra's nor the March 701 (not this year at least), so I'm probably pretty safe. I've got everything I need (paint and glue excepted) so how hard can it be?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Terry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #2 by Grant
That's a noble goal. I don't know how realistic though. :lol:

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
4 years 5 months ago #3 by Webby_NZ
I thought about breifly last year, till I saw the new year sales.
I really dont need any more paints or supplies so I might try and limit myself to 1 or 2 'supplies' a month

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
4 years 5 months ago #4 by grover
My only goal is for the ants in our house to stop dropping dead on my work bench so I can get back to doing some modelling. Been eating up our poison for 2 weeks now but there seem to be an endless supply of dead ants. Just vacuumed up another 1000 or so :angry:
Apart from that, I'm like you Terry, not into making resolutions. The best day to start positive change is today ;)

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

More
4 years 5 months ago #5 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic New Years resolutions or a complete lack there of
Though I have enough kits to last me the next few years, I still see some more being added this year at some stage lol. Though the Mrs has advised that I'm not allowed until half the stash is gone... so maybe some quick builds this year lol

More
4 years 5 months ago #6 by Bishop
Two goals, to get a Heng Long 1:16 StuG III (on the way in the post), and a Souval Grand Cross to the Iron Cross (lots of saving to do). Nice to have one of them under the belt and the year hasn't started yet.

Amateur plastic surgeon!

• Terry
  • Terry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 5 months ago #7 by Terry

grover wrote: My only goal is for the ants in our house to stop dropping dead on my work bench so I can get back to doing some modelling. Been eating up our poison for 2 weeks now but there seem to be an endless supply of dead ants. Just vacuumed up another 1000 or so :angry:
Apart from that, I'm like you Terry, not into making resolutions. The best day to start positive change is today ;)

I've had the exact same problem with ants Kane. They were living in the wall right opposite my model workbench. The down side with poisoning them (for months!) was they'd bring out their dead and distribute them all over my clean workbench. The constant need to clean up nearly did my head in. Anyway, I was working on my Fujimi kart a few days ago and an ant wandered past my cutting mat ~~~~~~ argh not again :pinch:

More
4 years 5 months ago #8 by Dave-MA
Let's see

- Build & paint Samurai army for Kings of War
- Build & paint Battle of the Bulge themed German army for Bolt Action
- Make 5 new kits before Armistice
- Finish losing weight down to under 100kg so I can pick up my new x-box one and play fallout 4- just 6kg to go.

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary