On the move again

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by Andrew
On the move again was created by Andrew
Got some pretty shite news tonight. We've been served with a 42 day notice as the landlord wants to move into the house :pinch:

Personally, I think he is full of it, he wants us out so he can bulldoze this house and build two new properties on the section :evil:

Now the hunt begins for a new place

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by grover
Replied by grover on topic On the move again
Buggar. Where abouts are you Andrew?

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 9 months ago #3 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic On the move again
Currently in Massey. Trying to stay in the area because of our daughter and school. Looking around the Massey/West Harbour/Hobsonville and at a push Te Atatu

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

More
4 years 9 months ago #4 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic On the move again
Oh Poo. May you find a spot very quickly mate.

Amateur plastic surgeon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 9 months ago #5 by Andrew
What is f'ing bollocks is that we have been given a 42 day notice.

Have just found a place that ticks almost all the boxes. It is only a kilometre from where we are currently are, and is available now.

BUT we are required to give 21 days notice before we can move out :evil:

I had an argument with someone who is a landlord online a few weeks ago. He tried telling me that tenants have all the rights in rental situations. What a crock :sick:

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 9 months ago #6 by grover
Given the landlord wants the house, perhaps they will waive the 21 days. If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

Kane

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 9 months ago #7 by Andrew

grover wrote: Given the landlord wants the house, perhaps they will waive the 21 days. If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

True that, but with the previous dealings we've had with the landlord, the muppet would want his three weeks rent :whistle:

More
4 years 9 months ago #8 by Glenn
Replied by Glenn on topic On the move again
Good luck :)

More
4 years 9 months ago #9 by Fritz
Replied by Fritz on topic On the move again
That sucks Andrew! Happened to us last year when my wife was pregnant. It so stressful! Hope you can get it all sorted and find something soon.

In Progress:
Tamiya 1/48 F-117A
Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4K
www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php/forum/38-...zaf-1-48-ta-4k-build

Completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 9 months ago #10 by Andrew
The thing that really f's me off is that the landlord supposedly wanted long term tenants. It seems like BS, I think he wanted some tenants while waiting for council approval for subdividing. It would be hard to find tenants for a 3 month term :angry:

More
4 years 9 months ago #11 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic On the move again
Man that sucks and you just got settled, you could always come to cow town aka the Waikato lots of nice places in that region............ :D

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 9 months ago #12 by Andrew
SWMBO and I have talked about if we ever moved from Auckland, it would be down where Glenn is in Tauranga B)

More
4 years 9 months ago #13 by Glenn
Replied by Glenn on topic On the move again
Now ya talking shift to tauranga :cheer:

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 9 months ago #14 by grover
Wife and I are considering a move to Waikato rather than having to heal with a million dollar mortgage. :angry:

Kane

More
4 years 9 months ago #15 by Gary
Yay!!!! Come to Te Awamutu nice houses at sensible prices and only 20 minutes from Hamilton.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
4 years 9 months ago #16 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic On the move again
Sucks to hear bro, and only just after you moved again. Have a look around westgate even, the wifes cousin just got a rental at the back of westgate for (what is now) a reasonable amount... If I had the space you could move in to my place if you didn't find somewhere soon enough but alas our house is too tiny...

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

More
4 years 9 months ago #17 by olive drab
Replied by olive drab on topic On the move again

grover wrote: Wife and I are considering a move to Waikato rather than having to heal with a million dollar mortgage. :angry:

Nice place for sale in Putaruru! :P 200k and its yours. ;)

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 9 months ago #18 by grover

olive drab wrote:

grover wrote: Wife and I are considering a move to Waikato rather than having to heal with a million dollar mortgage. :angry:

Nice place for sale in Putaruru! :P 200k and its yours. ;)

A little TOO Waikato for us :P Actually looking north of the Tron.

Kane

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #19 by Terry
Replied by Terry on topic On the move again
Sorry to hear about your dickhead landlord giving you the run around Andrew. Auckland unfortunately has turned into a real estate festering sore and mostly down to the (redacted) and (redacted) super city (redacted). Infrastructure spending; (redacted) is that?!. It's a (redacted) worm hole; exhibiting such strong gravitational effects that's it's sucking surrounding districts into it. Our (redacted) says there's (redacted) housing in out lying (redacted). Take (redacted) for example; where new houses are now selling for pretty much a (redacted) dollars. But that's ok, because (redacted) is (redacted) for (redacted) and we can all use our helicopters to get to work... :unsure:

Makes perfect sense :lol:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Terry.

More
4 years 9 months ago #20 by Gary
Sorry Terry, but we don't do politics here, way too dangerous a subject.
I happen to disagree with you, so best if we just step back from the edge here ;)

More
4 years 9 months ago #21 by Terry
Replied by Terry on topic On the move again
Message received Gary. I'll trim out the offending bits... most of it ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
4 years 9 months ago #22 by Grant
Replied by Grant on topic On the move again
The rental market is similarly crazy in Chch, but for different reasons. As for Auckland, the bubble market definitely needs popping correction. Bring it on. :woohoo:

More
4 years 9 months ago #23 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic On the move again
Down here in Blackball, I'm paying $200 a week, and it's a 3 beddy with big lawn, no immediate neighbours... just paradise.

Good luck with the move mate! hopefully something suitable comes up and is at a decent price

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 9 months ago #24 by Andrew
We found two houses that suited us last night, we rung about them this morning, but both were tenanted out yesterday :pinch:

There is a third house we like, but was at the bottom of the list. It is on the side of a hill and is even more expensive than what we are paying now. The only positive is that it has a sleepout that would be perfect for a model room :evil:

Like I said to SWMBO, we cant panic yet that we cant find a place. It has only been 24 hours since we received the notice. We only need to panic if we have less than a week to go on the 42 days and haven't found something :whistle:

If it comes to the worst, we'll move in with my dad until we find something suitable.

• Kiwimav
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No time to spare..too busy!!!
More
4 years 9 months ago #25 by Kiwimav
Replied by Kiwimav on topic On the move again
Sorry to hear Andrew, that really f n sucks...I would tell him, since he wants the property back your moving as soon as you find a place...he cant keep you dangling on the hook (and I think he has to give you min 60 days, oh as the current tenant, you have all the say, including staying put until you are ready to move, squatters rights) and swimming to his demands. Personally, I'd move and get your family reset.

I agree with G1 about property prices in Te Awamutu...been searching online for months and found a few places in the NI relatively cheap on the pocket...its all about your employment opportunities tho...and. Waikato aint too bad of a rugby province either btw
Te Awamutu, New Plymouth, Napier, Hastings, Palmerston North, Masterton all not too bad

Dave

Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 9 months ago #26 by Andrew
This is how we know the landlord and property manager are full of shite and telling stories.

This was outside our garage during a heavy downpour this morning.

The garage floor was totally flooded. This is the third time in as many months that it has happened. We notified the property manager the first time (first week of July) and she was supposed to organise a drainage inspector to sort out the flooding. Luckily I moved everything of value off the floor after the first flooding.

We are still waiting for the drainage inspector almost 2 months later.

You'd think you'd want to get it sorted, unless you have something else in mind for the property.

I'll be having a spy to see if the landlord does actually move in after we go. Evidently we can take him to court/tenancy tribunal and recover our moving costs if he just wants us out

Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #27 by Rangi01
Replied by Rangi01 on topic On the move again
Hi Andrew,
Sorry to hear about your predicament. Can I however make a suggestion? While it feels really good to vent about your Landlord and what you perceive he is doing, you may not be making the best impression on other potential Landlords. We have a property coming available in the next couple of months and while happy to help out others with the same interests, I certainly would be thinking twice after seeing this, wouldn't want to be on the end of such a tirade should our circumstances change, if you get my drift.

Just my 2cents and not wanting to upset you or anything, just point out something that you may not have considered.

Shane

The problem witn money is, most of it belongs to people that aren't me!
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rangi01. Reason: .

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #28 by Andrew
Fair enough, but this isn't even half of the problems we've had with the house.

We had to wait almost two months for a working oven (constantly lying about when we were going to get one). Some windows in our daughters bedroom had BB bullet holes, had several quotes (fair enough) but took almost a month to get them fixed, weeks after the tradesmen had been through for quotes. The toilet cistern leaked, again over 6 weeks to repair, after plumber had quoted the costs. The house hot water runs on LPG. The property manager informed us the Landlord is required to have them full for us at the beginning of the tenancy, they were both near empty. We had to connect our 9kg cylinder from the heater in order to be able to bath the kids and clean dishes until he arranged for two full cylinders to be delivered. We have only just received the reimbursement for the gas we used from our cylinder near 3 months after sending the receipt in. We had to wait for the landlord to remove a chicken coup from the yard, even though he said it was a rabbit hutch (never seen a rabbit with chicken feathers before :evil: ) and there is still all the mess from the run for the chickens. We are responsible for maintaining the lawns at the property, we asked for them to be cut prior to moving in. It was never done. It cost us over $100 to have the lawns cut. The mower guy said the lawns hadn't been cut for close to 6 months.

We have never missed a rent payment here, even with all the grief encountered. Also understand that it does take time for landlords to arrange repairs, so have no problem with the request/approval procedure. But I hate being lied to

We were at our last property for 9 years, and never had a problem with the landlord. We only moved because he sold up. He liked us that much that he gave us our last weeks rent free, and even paid for cleaners to clean the house for us.

It may seem an unjust rant. But I don't believe it is fair to treat tenants like this, and expect them to be fine about it.

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Andrew. Reason: fixing bad grammar

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
4 years 9 months ago #29 by Webby_NZ
Replied by Webby_NZ on topic On the move again
Best of luck finding something suitable (with a decent man cave)
The landlord has met his legal requirements by the sounds of it but I would not be hesitant in talking to the Tenancy Tribunual, I have queried them in the past and they were nothing but helpful in answering questions that the websites made confusing.

I can also vouch for the Manawatu, great place to live and plenty of work in general, not likley to fall into the ocean, does not sit on a volcano, will be waterfront when the icecaps melt and has a thriving little model club :-)

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

More
4 years 9 months ago #30 by Dave-MA
Replied by Dave-MA on topic On the move again
In Massey myself, bought a place on Zita Maria drive a few months back. Hope you find something.

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary