Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • olive drab
  • olive drab's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #1 by olive drab
Buying under L3 was created by olive drab
With hopefully a move to L3 alert in the not to distant future we will be able to buy on line here? The likes of Mighty Ape or Hobby City. Ideas or feedback?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olive drab
  • olive drab's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #2 by olive drab
Replied by olive drab on topic Buying under L3
Ive just had the question answered on the midday news finally some good news in dark times.

More
1 month 1 week ago #3 by dcrfan
Replied by dcrfan on topic Buying under L3
I just purchased two 1/48th vehicle kits from my go to hobby shop in Japan - HLJ. When I went to get them dispatched from my Private Warehouse there were only two postage options, DHL @ $50 or Fedex @ $128. The much cheaper SAL which is normally there has gone. I guess this is a reflection of the massive reduction in aircraft cargo capacity. Needless to say the kits will sit in my Private Warehouse for a while to see if the shipping situation improves. Anyone else noticed this?

More
1 month 4 days ago #4 by azzaob
Replied by azzaob on topic Buying under L3
Yes, I think this is the case for everything ex-Japan at the moment. I've priced up a few Hase 1/48s and the $50 shipping made me pause. I've also asked Hobbyeasy when they are shipping again from HK, but no reply as yet.
A few orders from MightyApe lined up though :) Hobbycity have been pretty on to it, offering free shipping for all orders under L4 till Monday once the announcement was made that we were moving to L3.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss...

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #5 by azzaob
double post

Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by azzaob.

More
1 month 4 days ago #6 by dcrfan
Replied by dcrfan on topic Buying under L3
I've since read that in Japan, Japan Post is so snowed under with international parcels that they have no way of shipping that they are 'returning to sender'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: azzaob

More
1 month 3 days ago - 1 month 3 days ago #7 by Phil
Replied by Phil on topic Buying under L3
Hobby City have started shipping. I received an order of CA glue and sheet styrene today. Took advantage of their free shipping in level 4 offer.

MA are supposed to start shipping Tuesday.

Mr Models in Palmerston North is also shipping.

Little point in ordering from overseas as there's so few flights to actually bring anything. I've had an order from BNA sitting in Melbourne for a week, according to the tracking. A lot of overseas sellers are not offering the cheaper shipping options due to carrier restrictions in their countries. Now would be a great time to support local, and place orders with our local retailers.
Last edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Phil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grover

More
1 month 3 days ago #8 by azzaob
Yeah would love to support a local retailer who has a 1/48 Hasegawa Growler for sale..LOLs..would love to be directed to one I can buy....;)

Most of the paint, glue etc I have bought locally over the last week or two has already been delivered surprisingly..nice surprise must say. Looks like courier companies are keen to get things moving ahead of the avalanche of buying that will undoubtely occur at 12.01am Tuesday :)

I just hope re-stocks of supplies ex-Asia continue over the next few weeks? Was listening to a Flory video last night and his off-sider/PM Models mate Matt was intimating that it may pay to stock up as a re-supply of some supplies might bee problematic over the next month or two.. Hope he was wrong.

More
1 month 3 days ago - 1 month 3 days ago #9 by azzaob
.I've got a few BNA orders still in Aussie too.....fingers crossed they get here next week sometime.

Last edit: 1 month 3 days ago by azzaob. Reason: another double post......

More
1 month 3 days ago #10 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Buying under L3
Placed 4 orders for bits and bobs, supplies etc
Hobby City - Thinners and Cleaning fluid
Mighty Ape - Parts for one of my Badger Krome
BNA - Scale 75 paints my new favourite brushable paints, MA only do box sets atm :(
Aliexpress - Airbrush hose fittings and cotton buds for cleaning.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
1 month 3 days ago #11 by Henry
Replied by Henry on topic Buying under L3

Gary wrote: Placed 4 orders for bits and bobs, supplies etc
Hobby City - Thinners and Cleaning fluid
Mighty Ape - Parts for one of my Badger Krome
BNA - Scale 75 paints my new favourite brushable paints, MA only do box sets atm :(
Aliexpress - Airbrush hose fittings and cotton buds for cleaning.

Hi Gary doesn't Mighty Ape now sell Scale 75 paints.

Thanks Henry

More
1 month 2 days ago #12 by Gary
Yeah and I've bought a few sets from them but I don't want to do what I did with Ammo and AK and get lots of double ups. Basically each set contains at least 2 colours I already have. So I bought individual paints from BNA.
I particularly like the acrylic colours in tubes, the pigmentation is very fine.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
1 month 1 day ago #13 by Phil
Replied by Phil on topic Buying under L3
Mr Models are offering click and collect for anyone local to Palmy.

You can also phone your order through.

More
1 month 1 day ago #14 by Dave-MA
Replied by Dave-MA on topic Buying under L3
Unfortunately Scale75 are really strict with their retailer trade terms and in order for us to sell individual paints we need to first buy the entire rack for each range. So that makes it an investment well over $15-20K for us to bring in and we have to get the stock & racks over from Spain as well.

All things going well we will be looking at this for later in the year once we can put together a viable consolidated shipment from several Spanish suppliers to bring over via boat.

In general, restocks & new releases will be all over the place this year. For the brands we were air-freighting directly ourselves it is now extremely problematic due to the reduced cargo capacity available. Some suppliers we will be able to keep bringing in via courier (those companies have their own planes), but in general things are going to take longer and be more expensive.

Stuff from local suppliers generally comes in via sea anyway so it should keep coming- for instance I know TB has a Tamiya container just arriving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: azzaob

More
1 month 1 day ago #15 by azzaob
Thanks Dave for the heads up re. re-stocks, I fear you are bang on in terms of things being all over the place in terms of supplies :( Great to hear a Tamiya re-stock has made it through though :) Better get ordering.

More
1 month 1 day ago #16 by Gary
Cheers Dave, would rather buy from you guys but the double ups killed me with the AK and Mig sets don't want to do that again, I've bought about 6 sets so far in the Scale 75 range, haven't used the bottles yet as I expect they'll just be like Valejo etc but the tubes are so smooth to use.

Order number 5 was to a company in Canada but they got back to me saying that NZ post has asked Canada post not to ship to NZ until further notice so my figures/decals are on hold.
Orders from BNA and Aliexpress are already on their way, will be interesting to see if they are held up for 2 weeks, if not I'll be opening them in my NBC suit lol

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary