• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #1 by Gary
Beating the Isolation blues was created by Gary
Hey folks
I know most of us are inherantly able to exist long periods of isolation as long as we can keep ourselves busy with our hobby.
But we all need human contact, it's a Hoooman thing.
I've been using a lot of video conferencing for work recently due to the lockdown, this got me to thinking why not get other like minded people people in a virtual room and do some modelling.
I can't use my prefered tools as work would get a bit antsy so Zoom is the next best thing.
It's really easy to setup an account and it's free just go to www.zoom.us and setup an account, add me as a contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The only rules are if I have to show you fat ugly face you got to show me yours, a lot of you know me already so I can cope with that, but you got to have a camera enabled and have the video working anyone not sharing the love will get booted :evil:
We can host drop in sessions for those who just want someone to talk about modelling or anything really, try to use normal radio etiquette (no I don't mean saying over every time you finish talking, I mean mute your mic or set it so we don't hear your death rattle cough or when you feel like screeching at the kids. Nothing worse than listening to someome sniffing, coughing or belching.

The free version has a time limit of 40 minutes and can host up to a 100 people, I'll post a link if anyone is keen feel free to join, look here for the latest link.

Link will be posted here:

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #2 by grover
Replied by grover on topic Beating the Isolation blues
Cool G. I can maybe do after 9:30 tomorrow night and after about 8:30 Thursday or Friday. I have a pro account so can host and not be limited by time. it will have a password though.

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #3 by Viperbuilder
Replied by Viperbuilder on topic Beating the Isolation blues
Sounds like a good idea to me if there are set times on set days of the week that we can stick to. We could do this for weeks on end and show what we were working on or what new kits had arrived in our stashes. And as you mention, if someone wants advice on how to fix or carry out something, it is far easier to do this by chat than to write it all out.

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 Tiger Moth
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Viperbuilder. Reason: .

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #4 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Beating the Isolation blues
Yeah that was my thought to Steve, can you post details please Kane I'll try to be there tomorrow :)

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
10 months 1 week ago #5 by olive drab
Replied by olive drab on topic Beating the Isolation blues
Did this good idea get off the ground?

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 months 1 week ago #6 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Beating the Isolation blues
Not yet but would be keen to have another go, trouble is the wife wants to spend time with me, I know...........
After 21:00 should be ok, If I can convince here she's feeling very tired lol

More
10 months 1 week ago #7 by Hadley
Replied by Hadley on topic Beating the Isolation blues
Happy to join in at some point, however I've been competing in a Forza race series I'm really enjoying so I cant make it after 8 :-(
Maybe we could arrange a weekend meet?

In the build:
3x 1/24 Subaru rally cars
1/35 AH-6J Little bird
1/48 AH-1W Cobra

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary