• grover
  • grover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #1 by grover
Too long in space was created by grover
Just as I start getting back to the bench, I get hooked into playing Elite Dangerous. I've had it since launch but never had the chance to do more than a bit of flying here and there, but over the past few weeks I have done little else in my free time but fly. Since I share the office with wifey, who works out if it during the day, I looked at a way to quickly mount and unmount my Hotas. There are some really good, but really expensive options out there. I found one on Amazon that was the cheapest of the high-quality ones as I didnt fancy making my own.

These are the parts for one mount. They will mount many different kinds of Hotas
File Attachment:

The instructions are somewhat lacking though.
File Attachment:

I got the throttle up first. Nice and solid.
File Attachment:

Then the stick. They are built really well, but I need to put tape over some of the ends with a little one who likes to run and sit under the table.
File Attachment:

Now I feel like I can sit back and fly, and the best thing is I've lost a lot of bulk on the table and it takes 2 minutes to take off or set up. Really pleased, but my model bench is now feeling lonely.
File Attachment:

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117
Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by grover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #2 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Too long in space
Is it good? I bought a lifetime subscription when it was in "kickstarter type" mode but other than trying to dock it once or twice I've never played it.
I played it to death on the Micro and later on the early PCs. It just looks like a huge learning curve and I don't want to get hooked on it, I did that with WoW.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• grover
  • grover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #3 by grover
Replied by grover on topic Too long in space
It is, but in a funny way. There's plenty of challenge but its just a gorgeous game. Breathtaking at times.

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #4 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic Too long in space
Good setup there Kane. I too have Elite Dangerous but found I just didn't have the time to put into it. A couple of guys in my gaming clan used to play the hell out of it, one actually used to run an Elite Dangerous NZ Facebook page a few years back. His brother is a big backer of Star Citizen so we get to see all the cool new features of that before anyone else.
I, like G1, played the original Elite back in the day (BBC Micro and Acorn for me). Would love to play more at some stage but just don't have the time with all the other games I play regularly.

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary