• Page:

TOPIC: UV filtering plastics

UV filtering plastics 1 month 1 week ago #1

• gibbs
  • gibbs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 56
I have a small collection of figures that I have been looking to make some cases for. I recently found out that Funko has vaulted the series which was part of the reason why I've decided to enclose them in something to protect the resale value should I decide to in the future. However looking on ebay a problem with some of them seems to be fading on the boxes and in some cases the figure as a result of display.

Now while there collectables I don't really want to box them up as I like to see them so ideally to prevent the light fading them I'd want to have the material block as much UV as possible I know there are types of glass that does this but I am wondering if anyone knows of any clear plastic which would do the same

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My little corner of the internet

UV filtering plastics 1 month 6 days ago #2

• Daneby
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
You could try Julian at 'we cut shapes' in Palmerston North He might know what there is.
www.wecutshapes.co.nz/

UV filtering plastics 1 month 6 days ago #3

• Gary
  • Busy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 913
I got some Krylon UV resistant clear spray and sprayed the glass, it worked a charm.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
RAF Liberator Squadrons
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary