Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • gibbs
  • gibbs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #1 by gibbs
UV filtering plastics was created by gibbs
I have a small collection of figures that I have been looking to make some cases for. I recently found out that Funko has vaulted the series which was part of the reason why I've decided to enclose them in something to protect the resale value should I decide to in the future. However looking on ebay a problem with some of them seems to be fading on the boxes and in some cases the figure as a result of display.

Now while there collectables I don't really want to box them up as I like to see them so ideally to prevent the light fading them I'd want to have the material block as much UV as possible I know there are types of glass that does this but I am wondering if anyone knows of any clear plastic which would do the same

My little corner of the internet
File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #2 by Daneby
Replied by Daneby on topic UV filtering plastics
You could try Julian at 'we cut shapes' in Palmerston North He might know what there is.
www.wecutshapes.co.nz/

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #3 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UV filtering plastics
I got some Krylon UV resistant clear spray and sprayed the glass, it worked a charm.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary