So the M7 i made earlier in the year for a friend is now mine and i got another one and tried to make it more suitable for his needs. This meant trying to make it look more like an M4. I traced the muzzle ring off of his real one and made one up to take i mold of so i could cast a resin replacement for the kit one. Also used epoxy putty to modify the hand grip to look like the leather wrapped M4 one.
Cheers guys, Leather was done with tamiya deck tan and hull red for the base colours, then a coat of AK OIF and OEF wash that was mostly cleaned back off with a cotton bud then cleared and a second wash with AK neutral grey. once dried i gave it a lite wipe with a rag from the muzzle ring back to get the gran look then coat of tamiya flat clear. here's a pic of where it now lives