Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • johnsnz
  • johnsnz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 2 months ago #1 by johnsnz
Hi,

Has anyone got one of those scan n cut machines?

I'm leaning towards one for producing paint masks.

It's a toss up between the silhouette cameo and the brother scan n cut.

Does any one have any experience with either??

Cheers
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #2 by Gary
I've got a cameo and its great.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
2 years 2 months ago #3 by Webby_NZ
I had a Scan N Cut, and sold it after it spent months gathering dust. Its a good machine, and easier to sell if you have other crafty people in the house that like scrapbooking or sewing but the average software and not being PC connected got to me very quickly.

Recently I got a Cricut Explore and love it, much better IMO for the sort of things I needed like vinyl or paper masks (a4 sheets of tamiya masking paper are the best) simple but powerful software on PC (very limited support for smart devices) and super easy to use with a simple dial to set depth and lots of accessories available in NZ or Ebay.

Mine came with some sample vinyl so car stickers for the cars were the test bed, then i tried the tamiya paper and was stoked with the results.

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woadism

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #4 by Gary
I made the mask sheets for this www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php/forum/38-...9-uhu?start=30#96289 on my cameo, I cut out all the dots and shape, pushed them out and stuck it on my model, sprayed the dark spots (or pretty much that).
More Photos
photos.kiwimodeller.com/album/EGr

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Gary.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #5 by Gary
Here's the mask

Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Gary.

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary