Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: parts and info help

parts and info help 2 years 3 weeks ago #1

• yak
  • yak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 236
Does anyone have or know where i can get my hands on a pair of 1/48 scale prop blur props?and a pair of drop tanks that would suit a 1/48 golden scooter? I'm also after the FS code for the grey that the RNZAF A109's are painted and if it is the same grey used on the other RNZAF aircraft?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rob

Currently hacking away at:
1/24 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR race car
1/24 Otaki Toyopet RT80 Corona
1/24 Fujimi Isuzu Bellett GTR (FINISHED-ISH)
1/24 Aoshima Toyota KE70 Corolla GT (FINISHED)
1/35 Asuka Firefly VC "on hold"

parts and info help 2 years 3 weeks ago #2

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 238
TwoMikes Resin, Red Roo and Attack Squadron all do 1/48 150 gallon drop tanks and can be found reasonably easliy. I may have a pair of Red Roo tanks I'm not using that you could have cheap, but that would depend on me locating them first :)

Prop Blur is long out of business, so you may have a harder time getting those, and to be honest there are cheaper and more effective ways to DIY. The photo-etch blur looks a little hokey.

As for the A109, they are painted FS26118 which is Gunship Grey. Colour is available as Tamiya XF54, Tamiya Spray AS10, Humbrol 125, Gunze H305, ModelMaster Enamel 1723, Italeri 4853AP, and if none of those take your fancy, sure I can come up with other brand equivalents
The following user(s) said Thank You: yak

On The Bench
Tamiya 1/72 F-16C Barak conversion - Modern Combat GB
Hasegawa 1/72 F-16 ADF - Modern Combat GB
Hasegawa 1/48 F8U-2N (F-8D) Crusader conversion
Hasegawa 1/48 P-51D Mustang
Hasegawa 1/72 P-51D Mustang
Last Edit: by Craig Sargent.

parts and info help 2 years 3 weeks ago #3

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 924
Hey Rob, sorry I don't mean to pull Craig up but Propblur is still around, I bought some props off David at the beginining of the year, his site is here www.propblur.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html but to be fair he doesn't like dealing with international orders as he's lost a lot of products in transit.
See his FAQ's section on international shipping www.propblur.com/faqs.html he's actually a really nice guy to deal with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yak

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
RAF Liberator Squadrons

parts and info help 2 years 3 weeks ago #4

• yak
  • yak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 236
Thanks guys, these three were planned as my entry for the helicopter, 48 prop and jet categories at AiC and as entries in the RNZAF group build. But i'm running out of time and will concentrate on the less entered categories and will get these done if time allows. i have everything needed for the 109 so will most likely get that done. The other two are my ownly 48th kits so plan to do schemes that i other wise wont be doing with my 72nd fleet and in flight.

Gary, I did find his web site and the shipping bit. I was hoping that there may have been somewhere else like BNA etc that may stock them that i hadn't been able to find.

Graig, if you have some tanks your happy to sell that would be great. Yes i have seen bad prop blurs but have seen some good ones too i think it comes down to how they have been painted.

Rob

Currently hacking away at:
1/24 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR race car
1/24 Otaki Toyopet RT80 Corona
1/24 Fujimi Isuzu Bellett GTR (FINISHED-ISH)
1/24 Aoshima Toyota KE70 Corolla GT (FINISHED)
1/35 Asuka Firefly VC "on hold"
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary